Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starcott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I have struggled for weeks to get my network printing wirelessly.

I have a Macbook Pro and an iMac, both on Mountain Lion.

I can get my Epson PX710W to print with USB but not wirelessly.

I can ping the router from both Macs. I cannot ping Mac to Mac. I cannot ping the printer from either Mac.

The Macs have IP Addresses 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.5, the priner is 192.168.1.8.

I have downloaded the latest printer driver and installed it on both Macs, but don't know where to find it. This is a mystery and may be significant?

I cannot add the printer from the Print and Scan page except as a USB kind.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you.

John

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Is the Epson Airprint Compatible? If not, you are unlikely to get it to work over wifi without some apps...From memory PrintnShare, and Weprint are the two apps in question, but its so long since I used them I don't even know if they are still available...A search of the MAS and Itunes stores should help there.

----------

Epson's home page says wifi, but not AirPrint....I have a SX535w which is AirPrint, and works with all three macs and my ipad an iPhone...No cables at all, just enter the wifi password on the screen and off you go. Your printer seems to have the same bundled software, but I don't see the little Airprint symbol anywhere, that is probably the issue. Mine is here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-li...p=2025&creative=12734&creativeASIN=B005H36P36

starcott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I have had the printer working in my wifi network a few weeks ago.

Then I received a message to say there was a communication error.

So now i can only put the printer next to each mac and print with the USB cable.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I have had the printer working in my wifi network a few weeks ago.

Then I received a message to say there was a communication error.

So now i can only put the printer next to each mac and print with the USB cable.

There is an OSX update for some Epson models which was released today, but what might be an idea is to reset the printer for its LCD screen and start afresh...re-enter your wifi password again and see if that fixes the issue.

starcott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Thank you for your suggestions.

Resetting the printer has not solved the problem.

Can you tell me where I can find the installed printer driver? I am getting conflicting information from Epson as to which is the correct version, and need to confirm which one I am using.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.