Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Effusion01

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Hi,

Just opened the iMac 27 up and saw this on the corner, its a very little etch, wanted to get opinion if anyone else noticed this on their iMac?
Should I replace or keep using it.
It is a nice computer though.

thanks.

Attachments

• imac.JPG
    imac.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 580

VAvW

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
Don't jump!!

EDIT: Oh wait, it's on the back... Definitely don't jump!

tomtendo

Suspended
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Man. People really need to focus on the more important stuff than tiny scuffs like this.

Do I need to remind you that the world 'ends' in 9 days?

MAYAN CALENDAR!

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Imagine it Apple had to throw away each £2000 computer that had the tiniest mark on them.

A little annoying mate but what do you want to do about it? Unless it was a gouge I wouldn't do anything but I suppose you could let apple know, maybe they'll send you a voucher or something.

EPiCDiNGO

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2012
I would NOT stand for this it would be getting send back right away. If I am paying for apple premium prices I want it PERFECT :apple:

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
Yes, come here for sympathy from all the people that ordered at midnight and are still listed as Processing.... Good luck with that! :D

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Of course I would want it unmarked but I wouldn't be too sad about what your photo shows. In fact it will make it more unique so if ever on some strange event there is an iMac party where about 500 iMacs get loose over night and you have to go pick it up because she/he had too many dvds you will easily be able to tell which one is yours while they are all snoozing.

I would also call Apple for freebies though :p

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Hi,

Just opened the iMac 27 up and saw this on the corner, its a very little etch, wanted to get opinion if anyone else noticed this on their iMac?
Should I replace or keep using it.
It is a nice computer though.

thanks.

Keep it. Not worth anyones time to replace that.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
You're damn lucky you got yours delivered already and you're complaining about that!

Some of us who ordered with in minutes of going live are still waiting for he order to go beyond the nebulous "processing" stage.

Still, if you don't want it you can probably ship it to me faster than my order will arrive. I'll swap you for mine when it eventually comes.

FuriousGreg

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2011
I think it's a good thing you called and let them know about the damage. Apple CS keeps records of all this and even if this damage looks insignificant it may be an endemic problem coming from a particular factory/assembly team.
Without feedback like this they cannot improve production. It's worth a $150 for them to have this info.

makotoisle

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2012
I am glad they gave you something back. If you pay that much money for something .. it better be perfect.

This is probably part of the reason *why* we pay so much for these Apple goods. I've never seen someone open their Dell and inspect it the way people pour over their Apple products looking for the tiniest flaw so they can return it for a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.