Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who Can't Wait For Real Racing 3 To Be Released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Real Racing 3 will be the first game in the Real Racing series to feature real world tracks, such as the Indy 500 track in Indianapolis and Silverstone Circuit in the UK. The game will also feature a lineup of real cars from Porsche, Audi, and Dodge, and will allow 22 cars to participate in a race at one time.

When Apple demonstrated the iPhone 5 last month, one of the games they used to show off the graphical power of the device was Real Racing 3. The game has amazing graphics that are aimed for fully using the capabilities of the new A6x chip in the iPhone 5 and the new iPad 4g. It also has a feature I can't say I've ever seen in a racing game before: time-shifted multiplayer.

Real Racing 3 saves your friends' times when they race, letting you play against their best laps even when they're not online. If you've played a racing game in the last two decades, you'll note that this sounds a heck of a lot like a ghost run, which is far from unique.

It's actually very different from a straight ghost run. Unlike a ghost run, your friends will actually be on the track, rather than ephemeral vehicles from the great beyond. You can actively bump your friends off the track if you want.

Which brings us to the question: how does that even work? If their lap is pre-recorded and you bump them off the track, won't that alter the space-time continuum? Will reality cease to exist? Yes and no.

If you alter the path of one of your friends' recorded laps, the AI takes over, righting the ship and getting them back on track. Their lap time would be a little slower than what it originally was, but they'll still come in pretty close to how they would have finished, save for the impact of your interference. That AI is actually on a sliding scale, though. If their initial lap time was exceptionally good, the AI will actually be much better at getting them back on course. On the flip side, a crummy initial time will dumb down the AI, leaving them in the dirt for longer.

Effectively it's the closest thing to racing one of your buddies without actually having to coordinate a playdate. It's also pretty remarkable to see this sort of feature being integrated into a racing franchise that remains exclusive to mobile devices.

Real Racing 3 is planned for release on iOS and Android devices this fall.

It should be available for: iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 - iPod Touch 4g and 5g - iPad 2, 3, and 4 - iPad Mini

Thanks To:
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/10/10/3485906/real-racing-3-and-the-art-of-time-travel
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/2/3215934/firemonkeys-studio-announces-real-racing-3-for-ios

Visit My Other Forum For:
Need For Speed Most Wanted iOS
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16127081#post16127081

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 567
  • minibig2.jpg
    minibig2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 385
  • real-racing-3-ios-1.jpg
    real-racing-3-ios-1.jpg
    533.9 KB · Views: 1,494
  • real-racing-3-pre-alpha-ingame.jpg
    real-racing-3-pre-alpha-ingame.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 5,716
  • thumb_real-racing-3-001_flv.jpg
    thumb_real-racing-3-001_flv.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 848
Last edited:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Just Heard the Release Date of RR3!

The release date of Real Racing 3 should be on or near December 4, 2012!
I will let you all know if I find out the exact release date.

Attachments

• real-racing-3-trailer.jpg
    real-racing-3-trailer.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 13,643

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
New Real Racing 3 Pictures

Just found some new, just released images from the soon to be released Real Racing 3 game.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 371

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Release Date of Real Racing 3 Update

The release date of Real Racing 3 has to happen in the next week. For the week of Christmas, the app store is essentially frozen-�� no app submissions, no denials, and no shifting of the charts most importantly. I am guessing that if they are going to release it before the end of the year, they will wait until right before this chart freeze. They know the app will be at the top of the app store once it gets accepted, but they might be worried it will fall off relatively soon. By posting and submitting it right before the freeze, they will have assured themselves a prime spot in the charts all throughout Christmas week; a week that is in fact the busiest week of the year on the App Store. It would certainly be a 'smart' move, but a company has to do what makes sense to them. The release of RR3 should happen on or before Thursday of next week.

Attachments

• RR3_screen01_656x369.jpg
    RR3_screen01_656x369.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 368

BillEdrich

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Seems a great game! Images look quite awesome.

And as someone above rightly said, any game for 10 hours straight will definitely kill the battery. But I've not played any game straight for 10 hours :p

sagejyoung

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
Real Racing 3 will be the first game in the Real Racing series to feature real world tracks, such as the Indy 500 track in Indianapolis and Silverstone Circuit in the UK. The game will also feature a lineup of real cars from Porsche, Audi, and Dodge, and will allow 22 cars to participate in a race at one time.

When Apple demonstrated the iPhone 5 last month, one of the games they used to show off the graphical power of the device was Real Racing 3. The game has amazing graphics that are aimed for fully using the capabilities of the new A6x chip in the iPhone 5 and the new iPad 4g. It also has a feature I can't say I've ever seen in a racing game before: time-shifted multiplayer.

Real Racing 3 saves your friends' times when they race, letting you play against their best laps even when they're not online. If you've played a racing game in the last two decades, you'll note that this sounds a heck of a lot like a ghost run, which is far from unique.

It's actually very different from a straight ghost run. Unlike a ghost run, your friends will actually be on the track, rather than ephemeral vehicles from the great beyond. You can actively bump your friends off the track if you want.

Which brings us to the question: how does that even work? If their lap is pre-recorded and you bump them off the track, won't that alter the space-time continuum? Will reality cease to exist? Yes and no.

If you alter the path of one of your friends' recorded laps, the AI takes over, righting the ship and getting them back on track. Their lap time would be a little slower than what it originally was, but they'll still come in pretty close to how they would have finished, save for the impact of your interference. That AI is actually on a sliding scale, though. If their initial lap time was exceptionally good, the AI will actually be much better at getting them back on course. On the flip side, a crummy initial time will dumb down the AI, leaving them in the dirt for longer.

Effectively it's the closest thing to racing one of your buddies without actually having to coordinate a playdate. It's also pretty remarkable to see this sort of feature being integrated into a racing franchise that remains exclusive to mobile devices.

Real Racing 3 is planned for release on iOS and Android devices this fall.

It should be available for: iPhone 4, 4s, and 5 - iPod Touch 4g and 5g - iPad 2, 3, and 4 - iPad Mini

Thanks To:
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/10/10/3485906/real-racing-3-and-the-art-of-time-travel
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/2/3215934/firemonkeys-studio-announces-real-racing-3-for-ios

Visit My Other Forum For:
Need For Speed Most Wanted iOS
https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16127081#post16127081

Wow guys well done - the graphics on this are spectacular! Im impressed and will do a download for support.

----------

Just found some new, just released images from the soon to be released Real Racing 3 game.

The detail on those is something else hey. I can appreciate the effort taken to get this right.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
RR3 Is Now POSTPONED To Late February 2013

Real Racing 3 has now been postponed to late February 2013 for adjustments.
This is what Firemonkeys "Ones who are making RR3" has to say:

"While we originally announced Real Racing 3 would be releasing in calendar year 2012, we have decided to take a little more time to get it absolutely right. We want to deliver an experience that resets the bar for racing games on mobile and we look forward to launching Real Racing 3 with all of its amazing new features and content by the end of February 2013.

We understand this news may upset some people and we apologize for making everyone wait a little longer. This extra polish will make a great deal of difference. Thanks for your patience!"

I personally don't mind waiting for the game, as long as they are making the game better than it already is.

I will be updating you guys with more information when I get it.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Ouch, missing the Christmas break when so many people will have time on their hands? Oh, well, once more through the RR2 circuit. After all, I just caught on to "drafting" behind the lead car until the last lap. Sooo much better than trying to take and hold an early lead.

Regards,
Tom

iMac4Ever56

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
The Big Apple
Will Real Racing 3 Play on My 2009 24inch Apple Widescreen iMac Computer? I Heard there making it for Mac Computers as well?

but i'm buying it for My Apple iPhone :)

Last edited:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Real racing 3 release date!

The release date of Real Racing 3 is now February 28th of 2013!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Here's my full update on Real Racing 3

Real Racing 3 will launch worldwide on February 28th. You'll be able to download for FREE on iPhone, iPad, and Android!

Today we announced Real Racing 3 will be free. And yes, Real Racing 3 was designed from the ground up to be a free to play experience. We are so excited about this game and wanted it to be accessible to everyone so we didn't want there to be any barriers to entry. This accessibility is also what drives the awesome new Time Shifted Multiplayer feature, in that you can play competitive multiplayer with anyone any time, and they don't need to be online with you at the same time.
At launch we have 46 licensed vehicles covering 3 classes, a 22 car grid, real world tracks, 8 varied event types and 900+ events. This means hundreds of hours of gameplay for free making this one of the most expansive games ever on mobile. We plan to continue to add more free and exciting content with every update.

Attachments

• real-racing-3-pagani.jpg
    real-racing-3-pagani.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 531567_10151438751984292_1638368769_n.jpg
    531567_10151438751984292_1638368769_n.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,272
  • 604044_10151438704639292_636789836_n.png
    604044_10151438704639292_636789836_n.png
    729.8 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Gutted about it going to freemium.

I hope they give us an in app purcahse to "buy the game" for £4.99 or something.

Such a shame, another great series ruined by EA.

Last edited:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
Real Racing 3 Update

Real Racing 3 has already been released in New Zealand and Australia. It will be released everywhere else February 28th, as I had stated in my last update. Here are some most recent pictures from the game.

Attachments

• Real-Racing-3-01-1024x768.jpg
    Real-Racing-3-01-1024x768.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 2,163
  • oWM3wbX.jpg
    oWM3wbX.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Feb 28th, there is no Feb 29th this year ;-)

Been playing the game for almost a week now and I must say it's awesome. The fact that it's freemium does not ruin the game at all.
When you trash your car it needs to be fixed, after doing a lot of races you'll need to change the oil, brakes, etc. These things take real life time. From 1 to 45 minutes and with a special currency you can skip the wait.
But, you're free to race with other cars in the mean time so my advice when you start playing: save up for a second car as fast as you can :) And then switch cars while one is being repaired :)

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
2 More Days!

The wait is almost over! We only have two more days left, then the best racing game ever made for iOS will be available for you to purchase for FREE!

As you may know Real Racing 3 was already released in the New Zealand iTunes Store. It's a freemium game.

* Here is a guide to get the game without creating a New Zealand account.

1.Open iTunes
2.Click on your email on top and click there on "Account"
3.Now in the field Apple ID Summary click on "Change Country or Region"
4.Select "New Zealand"
5.Type in any address and chose payment option "None"
6.Now you have to agree all the Terms of Service
7.Search for "Real Racing 3" and start downloading.
8.Have fun!

* When you have finished the download and sync to your phone you can revert everything and change everything to your country.

It worked for me in the US, and the game is AWESOME!!!

Attachments

• screenshot2013-02-13ahtkmr.png
    screenshot2013-02-13ahtkmr.png
    762.5 KB · Views: 304
  • T1MvIzY.jpg
    T1MvIzY.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 20130218-120235.jpg
    20130218-120235.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 20130218-115941.jpg
    20130218-115941.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 420
  • realracing-porsche.jpg
    realracing-porsche.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2012
Georgia
It Should Be Released Tonight!

Is this dropping at midnight? What time zone im in the East

Everyone has been saying that RR3 should be released between 11:00pm - 12:00pm Eastern Time tonight (2/27/2013). Don't know if this is true or not. I guess we will find out in the next hour!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.