Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oldschool8604

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Burnaby
Update: running the two SSDs is magical! Really enjoying my recoved MacBook lately! It's a mid 2009

Hey I have a 15" Mbp core 2 duo with Lion;I restored my 500gig LaCie USB external drive and restored it with my entire comps Internal HD. I installed a new ADATA 120gig SSD. I am rebooting my mbp with OS 10.5.7 and and going to disk utilities to restore from my USB hd to my new SSD HD. Nothing is working though, it will not let me drag and drop to the destination or source bar. Nor can I reboot from 10.5.7 as the SSD doesn't show up as an option to install into. SSD is being seen by system profiler.
please help!!

Last edited:

oldschool8604

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Burnaby
Success! Had to format the hd again, booted from 10.5.7 disc, dl snow leopard, installed SL, and then got lion from the app store.

With the new ADATA SSD my core 2 duo 2.66ghz mbp feels new again! And max 8gig ram.

Ty for the reply and help!

Ps..also have a graphite iMac se 400mhz with a WD 256gig hd 7200 rpm running 10.4..hehe. New home media server for atv2!!

oldschool8604

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Burnaby
Sorry to revive my old thread but....

Running dual Adata SSDs. Second one that I boot from is SX900 128gig.

Runs beautifully. Quieter as well. Only hiccups were sorting what goes where - music, photos, etc.

somecallmesum

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2009
USA
apple has a hidden recovery partition on all shipped drives it can get hairy copying the drives properly, alot of straight duplication programs wont copy the raw drive but only the 'active' partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.