Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shoes222

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
I posted a comment on his YouTube video asking why his homescreen bookmark disappeared, and my comment was promptly deleted. Not a good sign.

wws

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
It's real. I have full confidence in him that he can provide an iOS 6 untethered jailbreak. The video looks fine to me, plus he said on Twitter that the no lock screen is a side effect of the JB. No reason at all to doubt him. However, I would still like to see video 2 to verify that the Cydia app install process does work. That said, I will email him with thanks on Dec. 22nd with my untethered jailbroken iPT4. I suggest you do the same.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
Really funny how quickly this was torn apart. I wonder if this goof will either 1. start charging people for it, or 2. close it down and say he's keeping it for himself because we found all these flaws.

The lockscreen skip, quick cut ending, and misaligned Cydia icon are pretty damning. Also, wouldn't the iPhone make noise/vibrate when it connects to USB after rebooting? I wonder if that was even connected at all.

Regardless, if this guy's sole purpose is to drive traffic to his website/YouTube page, he's a genius. Otherwise not so bright.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Really funny how quickly this was torn apart. I wonder if this goof will either 1. start charging people for it, or 2. close it down and say he's keeping it for himself because we found all these flaws.

The lockscreen skip, quick cut ending, and misaligned Cydia icon are pretty damning. Also, wouldn't the iPhone make noise/vibrate when it connects to USB after rebooting? I wonder if that was even connected at all.

Regardless, if this guy's sole purpose is to drive traffic to his website/YouTube page, he's a genius. Otherwise not so bright.

He might be trying to make a statement, just showing how easy it is to dupe mass amounts of people on the internet. Who knows...

PVisitors

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
It's rather cute how he tried to address the 'lock bar' issue at first and has not mentioned anything at all in relation to the countless other faults. The silence is deafening, even if you wish to turn a blind eye to the dev team and the obvious editing errors.

Smells to me of an ad revenue hoax. Will be interesting if he does actually release anything to be laced with malware et al.

20,000 follows in a few days too. Wouldn't surprise me if he tries selling the twitter account.

chrisdazzo

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2006
Mountains
He might be trying to make a statement, just showing how easy it is to dupe mass amounts of people on the internet. Who knows...

No matter what happens, if this is out on the 22nd, you'd have to be pretty stupid to install this on your iPhone. I wouldn't touch it until there's confirmation by multiple sources that it's safe and stable.

wws

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2012
I don't see what's wrong with the Cydia icon. Looks OK to me. :confused: So what if he cut the video short, it's not like he did it at a crucial moment. Still hopeful...

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
It's real. I have full confidence in him that he can provide an iOS 6 untethered jailbreak. The video looks fine to me, plus he said on Twitter that the no lock screen is a side effect of the JB. No reason at all to doubt him. However, I would still like to see video 2 to verify that the Cydia app install process does work. That said, I will email him with thanks on Dec. 22nd with my untethered jailbroken iPT4. I suggest you do the same.

Now I now why the Nigerian scams are still around. There is a subset of the population who are willing to believe anything.

Michael

drappehs125

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
At 2:42 in the video you can see the time change to 7:19 on the phone, over 3 minutes later when the phone 'reboots' the time displays 7:20. Something doesnt add up.

shoes222

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2012
There are bigger holes than even the ones described here.

If this is a userland jailbreak, how come it boots in verbose mode right away? Just by nature of the exploit, it's kind of impossible for a userland jailbreak to boot in verbose mode. And there should be an Apple logo that briefly appears BEFORE the Verbose boot...not after.

EDIT: He's now disabled comments for the video. I wonder if he's even going to bother releasing a second vid at this point.

DOUBLE EDIT: Per his twitter feed, he's now saying he's going to release the JB to the public TONIGHT. This is getting crazy.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
hes hosting it on his private server? thats gonna be fun ... :D;)

Yeah, where he's just waiting on you linking up your iPhone and iPad, full of personal data and iTunes passwords/credit card info, in the hope of getting a "jailbreak".

No thank you.

----------

Ahahahaha!!!

"With so many questions, and so much going on regarding the jailbreak, it's been decided that at this point I can only do one thing.

The jailbreak will be released to the public tonight".

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
lol... awesome... I will say this, IF it's a valid JB and he does release it tonight... AND it works...

Well, then the JB community as we currently know it will never be the same.

isoft7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2011
Well, I'm currently running 5.1.1 jailbroken... but I decided to upgrade to 6.0.1 in anticipation, as I'm sure this will work out well for me. :)

/jk bro jk

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I´m tempted and I´ve only had my iPhone 5 for a few hours :D

Must resist...

Oh mate, don't do it ... connecting your device, full of personal info, to a bloke's "dedicated server" to perform a so-called web exploit jailbreak? I know we want that jailbreak, but I'll wait for the Dev Team or Pod2G to come up with something in their own time. It'll come, but I'm never touching a web exploit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.