Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Could be because it left shanghai not Singapore. Oops ;)

Heheh my guess is it was scanned at 9:54AM EST, left at 10:22AM EST and will arrive in TN about 3-1/2 hours from now. Which means... Depending on how far the drive is/how many stops there are between Memphis and where you're at, you could see a package tomorrow or Friday.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Finally!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 52

gibjer

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2003
Anyone whose iMac is shipping via UPS who saw it depart Anchorage at 9:10PM get any tracking updates since?

Yup, I'm in the same boat, if it actually left AK, then it's more then likely in KY and just didn't get it's arrival scan, the next scan you see will probably be a departure to wherever tonight .... hopefully ....

imaclimbo.jpg

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I envy you! Still processing. I really wish I'd gotten my order in at 12:00am November 30, instead of 12:03am. I know mine would have shipped already if I had, instead of being stuck in processing. :rolleyes:

I find it very wrong for people like you who placed their orders within the first few minutes of Apple releasing the gates for orders, and your order is still processing, yet many people who placed their orders well after you did are already having their iMacs shipped. I would call Apple and complain about it if I were you.

monoskier

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
I find it very wrong for people like you who placed their orders within the first few minutes of Apple releasing the gates for orders, and your order is still processing, yet many people who placed their orders well after you did are already having their iMacs shipped. I would call Apple and complain about it if I were you.

Been there. Done that. Guess what, my Order is still processing though.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle

I don't think it would do much good, to be honest. I think that area is likely out of their hands. It definitely is a shame, though.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I don't think it would do much good, to be honest. I think that area is likely out of their hands. It definitely is a shame, though.
I agree was in your shoes just yesterday...at the same time though we're not really guaranteed anything. They said before its released well get them in late December. We ordered and got delivery dates of Dec.21 or whatever onward so it's not like anything changed. If they deliver outside of that timeframe then we can complain.

I think some were just done quicker different plants more overtime for certain workers or whatever.

Rgladman

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Central Ohio
Yup, I'm in the same boat, if it actually left AK, then it's more then likely in KY and just didn't get it's arrival scan, the next scan you see will probably be a departure to wherever tonight .... hopefully ....

Mine is the same, the flight from Anchorage arrived in Louisville early this morning. Seems UPS doesn't scan on arrival just departure until it arrives at the final destination.

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
Mine has now transitioned to preparing for shipment as well!

Ordered 2am pacific on Nov 30.

27" 3.4 i7, 680mx, 3tb fusion, 8gb ram

Looks like it may make it under the tree this year!!

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I agree was in your shoes just yesterday...at the same time though we're not really guaranteed anything. They said before its released well get them in late December. We ordered and got delivery dates of Dec.21 or whatever onward so it's not like anything changed. If they deliver outside of that timeframe then we can complain.

I think some were just done quicker different plants more overtime for certain workers or whatever.

Likely true. Apple hasn't lied to me about delivery dates. It's just when you have the Power of The Internet telling you that others are shipping/being delivered, it does make you wonder...

----------

Mine has now transitioned to preparing for shipment as well!

Ordered 2am pacific on Nov 30.

27" 3.4 i7, 680mx, 3tb fusion, 8gb ram

Looks like it may make it under the tree this year!!

Every time I read one of these it ups my hopes that mine will ship soon. :D

Not that I care if mine ships, of course. :p

memory-minus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2012
3.4 i7 / 3TB Fusion / 8GB / 680 / Wireless KB and TP

Ordered 11/30 5:22AM Eastern, still processing. Credit card authorized 12/10. Delivery estimate 12/24 - 12/31.

Rgladman

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Central Ohio
Thoughts on 27" iMac rollout

There is no doubt that there is no rhyme or reason how Apple has determined which orders to fill first.

I do believe that Apple should get credit for doing everything they can to fill the preorders for a product that by all indications was going to be in short supply initially.

They have done something in this rollout that I don't remember them doing in the past. They have always devoted a portion of the manufacturing capacity to build stock for the retail stores.

They haven't done that this time. If you place an order today you will see that the 27" model won't be available in the stores until January.

I just feel they do deserve some credit for attempting to meet the preorder demand.

Khadgar

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
UPS is a horrid company. I've never seen UPS do EARLY. I have seen UPS 'park' a package in their system plenty of times. Early just isn't in the UPS dictionary.

And yet this Monday I had an argument with FedEx over the existence of my home address -- a 67 year old house. They held the package at the local facility for two days until Amazon called FedEx for me and Memphis call them and force them to hand me my package. It's actually the second time I've had an argument with them over an address. First one was my childhood home, a house that was less than 2 blocks from the hospital on the third or fourth busiest street in town. When picking the package up at the local facility I turned around to the line of people behind me asking if they remembered seeing the house. They all raised their hands.

I live in a smaller city of about 20,000 people with a neighboring city across the river of 60,000. There's another 10,000 or so in the surrounding area. There's ONE FedEx truck for this entire area while UPS has two warehouses and a legion of trucks with routes similar to postmen. FedEx here is idiotic and incompetent. I'm not looking forward at all to delivery (or not) of my iMac.

Meanwhile I have the mobile phone number of my area's UPS driver.

aure28

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
May be we should collect order numbers of the ones that already have their 27" shipped and call :apple: CSRs to compare and complaint? I think it is safe to share those.

27" i7, 8GB, 1TB Fusion and 680MX, ordered on 11/30 @ 12:14am, CC charge on 12/11 @ 1.46am... still processing :mad:

Twenty5

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008

In South Korea, ordered the 29th, still processing.. amazing when China is just a 30min flight away...

I feel you man.. I ordered one myself and I live here in Hong Kong. It is quite ridiculous how orders placed in the US are arriving faster than those placed here in Asia. Totally ridiculous. My guess is that they are just piling up all the orders for Asia and then ship once they have accumulated a certain amount just to reduce shipping costs.. :mad:

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
I'm also in the first UPS batch that left ANC at 9:10 last night.

From what an earlier poster in this thread learned via an uncle who works at UPS, they're sitting in Louisville and will be processed based on volume of other packages and staffing. If we're lucky, that happens in the next few hours and these get onto flights and trucks late tonight/early tomorrow and we get them tomorrow or more likely Friday. Alternatively they will be processed tomorrow, shipped out Friday and delivered Monday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.