Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDaddyMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
As the title says, what is the best word processor for mac when working with turabian formatted papers?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Isn't Word industry standard?
Your new Mac doesn't come with that, btw.

MacDaddyMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
Isn't Word industry standard?
Your new Mac doesn't come with that, btw.

Jessica, there is really no need to be like that. If you do not wish to be helpful, thats fine. Just put me on ignore or something.

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Jessica, there is really no need to be like that. If you do not wish to be helpful, thats fine. Just put me on ignore or something.

I said Word. It's a real program buddy, look it up. And your Mac doesn't come with it. If you don't like the answer then that's too bad. Anyone can support my statement that Word should be used. It's a program by Microsoft. How you can think I'm making that **** up is beyond me pal.

wrosie

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012
California
I would use Word also. It has all the power and features you need for citations, headings, and anything else that comes up.

I wish I had had Word back in the day when I was working on my dissertation. We didn't have much in the way of computers or software back then so someone typed it for me...on a typewriter...with four carbons! Making changes was quite a challenge!

Anyway, you can't go wrong with Word. If you are a student, your college or university may have student copies available at very low cost. I recently purchased a copy of MS Office for Mac from the college where I work, and it was amazingly inexpensive.

Good luck! :)

MacDaddyMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2012
I would use Word also. It has all the power and features you need for citations, headings, and anything else that comes up.

I wish I had had Word back in the day when I was working on my dissertation. We didn't have much in the way of computers or software back then so someone typed it for me...on a typewriter...with four carbons! Making changes was quite a challenge!

Anyway, you can't go wrong with Word. If you are a student, your college or university may have student copies available at very low cost. I recently purchased a copy of MS Office for Mac from the college where I work, and it was amazingly inexpensive.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for your input and advice.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Jessica, You know as well as I do that this was a smart alec statement.

Look buddy, it was far from it but I will not defend myself with someone who is so unintelligible that they are unable to see that an answer was supplied to them. I said Word, others said Word, you can eat the foot that you've stuck in your mouth or you can use Pages. No one will mind either way. Don't ask questions if you're going to take issue with a response. It seems to me that Word is still industry standard and as such, Word is in fact your best bet.

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2011
You can start with Lyx, but be warned it has really lousy LaTex output. You'll want to move to a LaTex editor for full control (e.g. MacTex).

Yeah, having seen what LaTeX looks like for not much effort I have decided to put the effort in and go the whole way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.