Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2004
this is what giving a glass of ice water to someone in hell must feel like.

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
Public Trans

As a person living in a major city. I'm just happy to have public transportation back. This was a deal breaker for me

thebluepointe

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
This shouldn't have even been an issue. Apple should have kept using Google Maps until their Maps app was ready for prime time.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Adding to the list of iOS core apps that Google has better alternatives for:

Chrome
Gmail

Check them out. Especially the updated Gmail app.

The problem I have with any alternative browser in iOS is that it's still built on webkit. Safari with a different skin.

Love the iPhone - but this is one of those areas I also love my Skyrocket. The ability to select whatever app I want as the default and the fact that different browsers are actually different browsers.

lowercaseperson

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2006
Works for me

I live in Columbia SC, actually just moved here. I've never got bad directions from Apple maps, but finding landmarks really is terrible....I'd say 50/50. I don't think I'll switch though bc I use Siri + Turn by Turn to get just about everywhere! Hopefully Apple fixes maps soon...

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Salvation at last! Google maps works ALOT better than Apple maps for my country.:)

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Now we have TWO ways to lose ourselves in Australia !

drummer.gif

Shasterball

Suspended
Oct 19, 2007
You Americans need to realize the world is much much bigger than your little bubble and it includes OTHER countries than the USA and that Apple Maps sucks. Plain and simple.

He was just stating his opinion based on his experience. Is there something wrong with that?

Phishphan79

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
You can't rely on or trust any form of GPS, especially one that's free. I have a $50K car and the GPS that's built into the dash is crap.

Singin Hobo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
You Americans need to realize the world is much much bigger than your little bubble and it includes OTHER countries than the USA and that Apple Maps sucks. Plain and simple.
Sometimes people just comment about what works for them. It works for me in my area too and I could personally care less about Google maps. It doesn't mean that you don't have to care too.

I'm just so sick of you egotistical non-Americans assuming that we should always be thinking of you. Get over yourselves. We are people too.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
You can't rely on or trust any form of GPS, especially one that's free. I have a $50K car and the GPS that's built into the dash is crap.

That's because anything built into anything is crap.

Your car manufacturer is going to care about your model for like a year at most.

DudeDad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
I only use the Apple maps the check traffic on the way home. Works very well, always updated. Maps on the iphone don't hold a candle to my Garmin.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I wonder what caused this sudden turn of events? I doubt because it was just ready now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.