Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Java Overlord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
USA
I guess they could add features to the iPhone, since its display is not retina yet (at least I haven't heard them say it on their website, and they like to boast retina tech). Anyways... in terms of the macbook pro, iPad, and imac, I don't see what else they can do to improve it. Technology is being pushed to its limits. Things can only get so thin and so light. You can only pack so-much ram into a computer. I don't see how they can add anything to the next generations of any of these devices.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I guess they could add features to the iPhone, since its display is not retina yet

Incorrect.

Anyways... in terms of the macbook pro, iPad, and imac, I don't see what else they can do to improve it. Technology is being pushed to its limits. Things can only get so thin and so light. You can only pack so-much ram into a computer. I don't see how they can add anything to the next generations of any of these devices.

I guess this is why you don't work for Apple designing new tech.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I guess they could add features to the iPhone, since its display is not retina yet (at least I haven't heard them say it on their website, and they like to boast retina tech).
The following is directly lifted from their main iPhone page, which has another page dedicated to features, which has a section about that what it does not have.
display_title.png

The 4-inch Retina display lets you see more of everything. And everything you see is vivid and lifelike. It’s a larger, more beautiful canvas made the right way. Because even though the display is bigger, iPhone 5 is the same width as iPhone 4S. So it’s just as easy to use with one hand.
display_title.png

More display means more to see.

Anyone can make a larger smartphone display. But if you go large for large’s sake, you end up with a phone that feels oversize, awkward, and hard to use. iPhone 5 features a 4-inch display designed the right way: it’s bigger, but it’s the same width as iPhone 4S. So everything you’ve always done with one hand — typing on the keyboard, for instance — you can still do with one hand. On a larger canvas that lets you see more of every web page. More of your inbox. More events on your calendar. Even more apps on your Home screen.

It’s more vibrant, too.

This isn’t just a larger display. It’s a larger Retina display. At 326 pixels per inch, it has a pixel density so high your eye can’t distinguish individual pixels. And as stunning as the Retina display is on the iPhone 4S, this one gives you 18 percent more pixels for an impressive 1136-by-640 resolution. Colors get a boost, too, with color saturation that’s 44 percent greater than before. So with iPhone 5, the games you play, the words you read, the images you see, and the apps you love look and feel incredibly vivid and lifelike. For big-time entertainment, iPhone 5 lets you watch widescreen HD video in all its glory — without letterboxing.

Anyways... in terms of the macbook pro, iPad, and imac, I don't see what else they can do to improve it. Technology is being pushed to its limits. Things can only get so thin and so light. You can only pack so-much ram into a computer. I don't see how they can add anything to the next generations of any of these devices.
They will always find a way, and technology evolves rapidly and there are new technologies around every other corner. Just because you and I and others cannot think of how Apple can improve their products, does not mean, that Apple does not think about it. They probably have some kind of Research and Development laboratory somewhere in one of their buildings.

Ah, four posts, and three of them original posts of your own thread. Let's see how this develops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.