Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arom

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Wow! Did Apple already pull it?? Says no longer available. Guess some where lucky to DL it!!!

ineedamac

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I think Google might want to tweak the app. See the attached image. The blue icon is where Google located me. The red icon is the actual address.

Last edited:

hoodedwarbler12

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2012
Tennessee
First Impressions:

Nice clean UI. Feels a lot like a simpler version of Apple Maps.

A little laggy, especially in cities.

Okay, really laggy.

Uh-oh, just crashed.

nickn

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2011
And with this comes the end of Apple Maps... Hopefully Apple learned something from this whole ordeal...

bandalay

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2010
Canada
Not in Canada yet. 11:30 pm EST.

Sitting here in Toronto using it.

Go to Google Earth, and click on the other apps by this developer.

Then click on Show All Apps…and scroll to the bottom of the list. It should be there.

trellus

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2007
Plano, TX
Meh almost works but NOPE

I got it.

Tutorial:
1. Search google maps
2. Open google earth
3. Scroll down to developer and click on it
4. Scroll to the very bottom and google maps will be there
5. Successfully install

Tried that... Shows on list, I clicks to install and it says "The item you tried to buy is no longer available."

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
29131876.jpg

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I think Google might want to tweak the app. See the attached image. The blue icon is where Google located me. The red icon is the actual address.

Doesn't it get your location from the system Location Services? That blue circle shows it's not getting a precise location (are you on an iPod touch with only wi-fi?)

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
New Zealand has just down loading. Just opening it up and its great compared to Apples disaster mapping. Now moving Apples Map app to the back page and Google map to the front page on my iPhone.

Find my friends and find my phone still uses Apples mapping I wish I could change to Google.

arom

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Sitting here in Toronto using it.

Go to Google Earth, and click on the other apps by this developer.

Then click on Show All Apps…and scroll to the bottom of the list. It should be there.

Doesn't work. States "the item is no longer available". You got lucky!!

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I'm so glad I didn't update my 4S to iOS 6. Now I get a much better maps app, for free, and I get to keep my jailbreak. If/when the iPhone 5 gets a jailbreak I might upgrade but not before then. A little patience paid off this time haha.

Rev4

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2010

That's your GPS/Wifi/Data signal (or lack-there-of) and not the app.

Downtown Chicago does this to me all the time because of poor signal connections.

Mostergeek49

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2012
Love it

I love the app. Was the first person to write a review too i think. Glad they finally did this. I mean, i like the Apple Maps and all, but people really need this. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.