Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Yay! No more Apple Maps jokes!

I do like Apple Map's UI, turn-by-turn (Siri integration, lockscreen, notification center integration), and Yelp integration more. But you can't argue with Google's data. Hopefully they'll continue to add the cooler features on Android.

jctevere

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2009
For those having trouble getting it:

Go to Macrumors.com on your mobile device, click on the "Appstore" link in the article and download it. No issues, works great.

Call me crazy, but I'm kind of glad Apple came out with Apple Maps - because it forced Google to finally give us what we wanted for free (turn by turn).

With that said, I kind of do miss the Yelp ratings of locations. Hopefully Apple Maps will step their game up even more now...

solidsnake32292

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355373580.841257.jpg

Got it a few min ago... In NY using iPhone 5 AT&T

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
This proves it. Google is a bitch. Apple had to kick them in the nuts so they would give us turn by turn Nav.

"There's a storm coming, Google. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us."

iPaf

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
Québec
Strange to say, but Google Maps reminds me of Apple Maps... Still better database, which is what matters!

Davewithak

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
I found it, but it's unavailable in Virginia. This would be really helpful on my road trip tomorrow :D

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2005
Null
I just downloaded it on my iPod touch (3rd Gen). What's funny is that it seems to work better than Google Maps on Android Jelly Bean.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I love the app. Was the first person to write a review too i think. Glad they finally did this. I mean, i like the Apple Maps and all, but people really need this. :D

Are you really able to write a review after only minutes of having the app?

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Message now says "temporarily unavailable" not "no longer available".

Better.

Update: On itunes on the computer. Still says no longer available on the iPad.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Available, nice. Download it via the itunes link on your computer. Then it'll show up in purchased on you iOS device.

There is no magic pill, some people's local store servers just don't have it yet.

Going to Google Earth and clicking related won't do it. Using iTunes won't do it. Clicking the link in the story won't do it.

Either you have access or you don't. None of these little tricks actually change that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.