Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Wow, still nothing...Will you been in here for a while good luck

---

I hope mine gets shipped out soon sometime around 11-12AM PST the same time it went into preparing for shipment last night.

If it's Fedex there are only two flights out per day to the US... ~7:51AM EST and ~10:22AM EST... If you have 2-3 day shipping, yours will most likely be on one of those two flights.

I'm hoping for FDX28, which leaves Shanghai at 7:51 and lands in Alaska... From there they can put it on a plane to Newark, NJ... And I'll have it as early as Monday (or Friday if they want to be really nice!). Crossing fingers! :)

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Mine must have been on one of those Fedex flights, just arrived in Memphis.

Ahh my theories were correct! Perhaps this is a sure way to figure out exactly how long it's going to take :)

And now the for repost from a few pages ago :)
------------------------------
I was bored so I did some research AKA stalking. It looks like there are two FedEx flights that leave Shanghai every day.

FDX28:
-Leaves (Shanghai) ~7:51AM EST
-Arrives (Alaska) ~3:55PM EST

-then-

-Leaves (Alaska) Various times after arriving from Shanghai
-Arrives (Tennessee) ~1AM EST the following day

FDX90:
-Leaves (Shanghai) ~10:22AM EST
-Arrives (Tennessee) ~10:44PM EST same day

If my thinking is correct, even if you get a shipping notification, you probably will not see your package moving until those times...
--------------------

MarketingGuy

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsborough, NJ
Finally got "Preparing for Shipment" sometime in the past couple of hours! I ordered at 12:01am PT and paid for the expedited shipping. Keeping my fingers crossed that it ships very soon!

gagaliya

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
mine is still processing!

I bought a new glass desk & white leather chair from crate&barrel, a new RAT7 white mouse, new memory from crucial, new white apple mousepad(damn thing cost me $30), all waiting for this iMac, but it just won't ship!

why does apple hate me!

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005
I totally feel for those of you who ordered super early and are still processing. I ordered in the first 15 minutes and mine is in Kentucky already. I agree that they should have done these in the order in which they were received and even though in theory that is how they are done, we all know that the reality is somewhat different.

That said -- I think its a safe assumption that you will get yours before the date that it was promised when you ordered. Mine said December 24-31 and I'm getting it at least a week before that. The earliest orders said December 20 and I think its a safe bet that yours will be to you by then.

Is it fair that yours come after people who ordered after you? No. Are you still getting it when Apple promised it to you? Chances look good.

edry.hilario

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I totally feel for those of you who ordered super early and are still processing. I ordered in the first 15 minutes and mine is in Kentucky already. I agree that they should have done these in the order in which they were received and even though in theory that is how they are done, we all know that the reality is somewhat different.

That said -- I think its a safe assumption that you will get yours before the date that it was promised when you ordered. Mine said December 24-31 and I'm getting it at least a week before that. The earliest orders said December 20 and I think its a safe bet that yours will be to you by then.

Is it fair that yours come after people who ordered after you? No. Are you still getting it when Apple promised it to you? Chances look good.

Was yours built to order ?

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Has anybody that preordered after the 30th seen theirs prepare to ship? What is the latest we've seen even on the 30th? I preordered mine around 3PM est.

Great question, and I would like to know as well. I placed my order on Dec 1, and my order status is still listed as processing. Does anyone else who placed their order after the first day have preparing to ship as your order status?

iHarryNH

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Sherman Oaks, California USA
I have been lurking on this board, so I joined to add to the confusion!
I ordered by telephone on Nov 30 at about 8AM (PDT) for the standard 27 with 1 TB drive and track pad. I couldn't do it online because of the financing offer didn't approve me instantly (it took about 8 hours). My original confirm said shipping 2-3 weeks with Dec 24-31 delivery by standard shipping. After reading a zillion (or more) posts I called Apple Customer Service yesterday and they changed my delivery to Dec 20-27 by next day shipping. Yesterday evening the Barclaycard showed the pending charge. This morning about 9AM my status changed to preparing for shipment. Now, I assume that by tomorrow morning the status should change to shipped as it will have elapsed about 24 hours since it began "preparing." I think that "preparing for shipment" means that the computer is currently being assembled rather than having a shipping label affixed. Also, it appears from the other posts that the FEDEX shipments are the next day while the UPS shipments are the 2-3 days variety. I will update when my unit ships.

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
Have the included keyboards changed at all with the new iMacs?

Perfect thread to ask this, let me elaborate for you! Apple has in fact omitted keyboards completely from the iMacs, along with optical drives, CPUs, GPUs and displays. Instead, you now get to control your device through a gooey mass of biochemical AI, which also doubles as a second screen in games and doesn't need to be recharged, because you can "feed" it with the tears of an innocent youth long gone.

Let me know if you want to know what the new "mouse" is like!

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Perfect thread to ask this, let me elaborate for you! Apple has in fact omitted keyboards completely from the iMacs, along with optical drives, CPUs, GPUs and displays. Instead, you now get to control your device through a gooey mass of biochemical AI, which also doubles as a second screen in games and doesn't need to be recharged, because you can "feed" it with the tears of an innocent youth long gone.

Let me know if you want to know what the new "mouse" is like!

That's nice.

Anyone else? I noticed the in-store demo's had the old Keyboard with the eject button (which could simply be re-used from the previous model), but it seems silly because the iMac no longer has them. Since my Mini does not, I was hoping a redesigned keyboard had come out making that button something else more useful.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
That's nice.

Anyone else? I noticed the in-store demo's had the old Keyboard with the eject button (which could simply be re-used from the previous model), but it seems silly because the iMac no longer has them. Since my Mini does not, I was hoping a redesigned keyboard had come out making that button something else more useful.

the pics on Apple's site show an eject button, but you're right, it's kinda stupid to have it... maybe you can assign a different function to it?

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
If it's Fedex there are only two flights out per day to the US... ~7:51AM EST and ~10:22AM EST... If you have 2-3 day shipping, yours will most likely be on one of those two flights.

I'm hoping for FDX28, which leaves Shanghai at 7:51 and lands in Alaska... From there they can put it on a plane to Newark, NJ... And I'll have it as early as Monday (or Friday if they want to be really nice!). Crossing fingers! :)

I hope now instead of refreshing my orders page I'm in my email refreshing that even though I got push:p:(:D

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
the pics on Apple's site show an eject button, but you're right, it's kinda stupid to have it... maybe you can assign a different function to it?

That's what I was hoping. Or being BT4.0.

I have yet to read anything...so I guess not :( I really just want it to be a damn Power Button.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
That's what I was hoping. Or being BT4.0.

I have yet to read anything...so I guess not :( I really just want it to be a damn Power Button.

Well considering the iMac was the last Mac to drop the ODD (not counting the LONG overdue mac pro refresh), I would have thought Apple would think of that, but seems they overlooked that minor detail... even if mac pro keeps an ODD, they don't need a keyboard button for it.

a sleep or power button would be nice

Khadgar

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011
I have been lurking on this board, so I joined to add to the confusion!
I ordered by telephone on Nov 30 at about 8AM (PDT) for the standard 27 with 1 TB drive and track pad. I couldn't do it online because of the financing offer didn't approve me instantly (it took about 8 hours). My original confirm said shipping 2-3 weeks with Dec 24-31 delivery by standard shipping. After reading a zillion (or more) posts I called Apple Customer Service yesterday and they changed my delivery to Dec 20-27 by next day shipping. Yesterday evening the Barclaycard showed the pending charge. This morning about 9AM my status changed to preparing for shipment. Now, I assume that by tomorrow morning the status should change to shipped as it will have elapsed about 24 hours since it began "preparing." I think that "preparing for shipment" means that the computer is currently being assembled rather than having a shipping label affixed. Also, it appears from the other posts that the FEDEX shipments are the next day while the UPS shipments are the 2-3 days variety. I will update when my unit ships.

In my case and it has been the same for many others is that the "Preparing for Shipment" thing lasts for about 24 hours, and your computer will have actually shipped earlier than you get the notification.

It appears by many others that FedEx shipments are next day. My computer is in Memphis right now which is usually 1 day away, so that theory could still bode true if there are any flights late tonight or early tomorrow out there to here.

Khadgar

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2011

There's other things that aren't outdated or passé as with disc drives that need to be ejected such as thumb drives or memory cards. Even then the key isn't absolutely necessary -- it's mostly traditional in nature. There even used to be a power button on the keyboards for turning the computer on.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
So it's been a good 20 minutes since I last checked, and yep - still processing.

THIS WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED UNDER STEVE JOBS!

:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.