Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wemmington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Bit of a learning curve but so far I love it.

Got the 27 i5 with fusion on edu site.

Anyone know any good videos for tips for first time mac owners coming from windows?

Attachments

• IMG_1254.JPG
    IMG_1254.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 562

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Congrats nice!!:)

You check for dead pixels, yellow screen, lightbleed etc yet? I hope they are fine and I get a good one.

Ryan.Tanner

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
McKinney, TX
This is the second person that has posted a picture of their iMac set up at a counter or kitchen counter. Do you people really sit at a computer with the lack of leg space?

Photography

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
I don't trust your picture. You need to take it at a 60 degree angle from either side! :D

Actually, a 64 degree angle would be even more convincing. :p

I would also like to hear from the OP if there are any problems with the iMac in terms of dead pixels, light leaks, etc.

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Looks like you're plugged directly into the wall. I'd recommend a power surge protector with battery backup incase you get a surge / lose power you won't lose your work or fry your new Mac!

wemmington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Does it have to be videos?

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Doesn't have to be videos. thx for the link, I will read through tomorrow.

----------

Actually, a 64 degree angle would be even more convincing. :p

I would also like to hear from the OP if there are any problems with the iMac in terms of dead pixels, light leaks, etc.

Just checked and no dead pixels or light leaks.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Doesn't have to be videos. thx for the link, I will read through tomorrow.

----------

Just checked and no dead pixels or light leaks.
Whew, I know it doesn't mean mine will be the same but still that's good to hear. I'm curious was yours made in China...some were in the USA werent they?

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
I know you were kidding but any excuse to take a pic of my new toy.

Looks very cool! Can you please tell me, what the eject button on the keyboard is used for with the new iMac, since there isn't a optical drive anymore? I want Gizmo to be able to sleep well tonight.

wemmington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Looks like you're plugged directly into the wall. I'd recommend a power surge protector with battery backup incase you get a surge / lose power you won't lose your work or fry your new Mac!

I just bought a new house and plan to put in a whole home surge protector in the next few weeks. I have a battery backup but it would take up too much space on my desk.

wemmington

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Looks very cool! Can you please tell me, what the eject button on the keyboard is used for with the new iMac, since there isn't a optical drive anymore? I want Gizmo to be able to sleep well tonight.

External drive or or control and eject together bring up the menu in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 273
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.