Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
To be in the competition you have to invent something - you still have not invented any thing new, you simple copied Apple

Sorry. Are you suggesting that Google hasn't invented anything? Everything they do is a copy of iOS or other Apple software?

Oh Really Now?

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Don't. Just don't start that.

----------

Please guys. Obvious flamebait response to a whole article that is itself flamebait. Don't get baited.

Yup - you are quite correct on both.

There's quite a lot of flame baiting in this particular topic.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Flamebait from a CEO... *checks thread*... Yep, it worked, lots of people are now angry and flaming the heck out of him.

Good job guys, you let some guy's random comments get the better of you.

Gotta give props to Tim Cook (or anyone else at Apple) for never responding to the flamebait from Google or Samsung.

----------

Don't. Just don't start that.

----------

Please guys. Obvious flamebait response to a whole article that is itself flamebait. Don't get baited.

If only people would do the same on threads that involve Samsung. ;)

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Gotta give props to Tim Cook (or anyone else at Apple) for never responding to the flamebait from Google or Samsung.

----------

If only people would do the same on threads that involve Samsung. ;)

Hmmm. Didn't Tim Cook throw some "flamebait" comments out there as well. No props are needed for any CEO who is doing their job - positioning their company as a leader.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
That's like Hyundai bragging about selling more cars than Rolls Royce.....

I'm not saying iOS is a Rolls Royce, but c'mon Eric, be real here.

Nah Rolls Royce = Symbian on Vertu

iOS is a lot closer to Honda when compared to Hyundai.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Hmmm. Didn't Tim Cook throw some "flamebait" comments out there as well. No props are needed for any CEO who is doing their job - positioning their company as a leader.

Apple's whole "They copied us!" campaign is also flamebait, as patent infringement has nothing to do with copying in the first place and I know of no copyright infringement assertions coming from Apple in the courts.

All sides are guilty of flamebait.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Bloomberg points to a Gartner study claiming that Android's market share reached 72% during the previous quarter while iOS registered at just 14% as its market share has plateaued or even retreated somewhat in the face of Android's momentum.

I buy Apple products because they are making all the profits. Market share is irrelevant.

----------

That's like Hyundai bragging about selling more cars than Rolls Royce.....

I'm not saying iOS is a Rolls Royce, but c'mon Eric, be real here.

Apple is like Ferrari, not rolls Royce.

mrxak

macrumors 68000
"The better product" - well, thats subjective isn't it? What is "the better product"? Ask half a dozen people and you'd get various answers.

You can say "who is winning" by various statistics - what is it? Sale figures, profits? Each are valid, each, iOS and Android are "winning".

Well, we're talking about two businesses here, not high school girls trying to be voted in as prom queen. So... you use profits, not popularity.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Well, we're talking about two businesses here, not high school girls trying to be voted in as prom queen. So... you use profits, not popularity.

We're talking about it from a consumer perspective. As a consumer, I don't give 2 craps about profits. It doesn't benefit me.

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
The better product is Apple's. Don't be a freakin' post-structuralist. "What is good? what is bad?" Any moron can look at an Apple product and see it's better designed, even considering their occasional errors. Anyone who says otherwise has their head up their ass. Please somebody hate me for saying this. Strike me down with your hate, Android fanboys and post-structuralists.

Ever play with one of these? The hardware is much better designed than the iPhone. If Verizon carried it, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

slide-1-gradient.png

macs4nw

macrumors 601
.....Hope apple enters the search business and soon...

Y E S !!! The sooner the better. I've said it many times before. I believe it is crucial to APPLE's long-term survival.
They have the resources to do so. It is imperative, if they are to remain viable 10-20 years from now.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16184961&posted=1#post16184961

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16050978#post16050978

Don't know how Tim is going to react to this.

Maybe, he's laughing all the way to the bank?

Last edited:

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Y E S !!! The sooner the better. I've said it many times before. I believe it is crucial to APPLE's long-term survival.
They have the resources to do so. It is imperative, if they are to remain viable 10-20 years from now.

Apple sucks at online services. Search is a very fine art, search engines are a dime a dozen, ones that actually work are few and far between.

Google has years of research poured into search.

Apple is already stretched thin as it is and outside of online commerce, Apple has had very little success with online services.

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
I have to say, I'm really wondering if history is going to repeat itself. Apple had a better OS and machines in the 1990's, but Windows became "good enough" and won due to larger market share.

Are we going to see the same thing in mobile? Not that I need Apple to win the MS battle, I just want them to have enough profits to continue to build great stuff.

As for Google, I do find it lame that they inititally set out to copy the Blackberry and when the iPhone came and was a hit, they turned and copied it.

I really believe if Apple didn't release the iPhone in 2007 smartphones would still look like Blackberries and Treos today.

seveej

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2009
Helsinki, Finland
Where is the war

"The Mobile War"... Sure makes good copy.

Normally a war necessitates that entities start shooting at each other, but in the case of google I guess that "winning a war" looks good on paper. Considering the different business approaches of google, apple and m$, I even sometimes wonder whether the three are actually competing in the same market.

RGDS,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.