Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Using those is one thing, but going around and boasting about it, is another. Wonder what his superiors are thinking about that.

As for his view for "Samsung needing to move beyond its current device-centric model and work with partners to embrace a model of an open ecosystem to provide a quality user experience", that's a lofty goal, but with too many partners 'doing their own thing', it can never be as seamless as a tightly controlled ecosystem such as APPLE's. He's obviously smart (and brave) though.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Samsung is currently the thorn in Apple's side, but honestly I think both Microsoft and Google have a lot to worry about. This is a company with large plans, I think.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Seriously, guys?

C'mon. I'm pretty sure you could ask ANY tech-savvy person, what is it that people like about Apple? And the answer will be the same. "Well, Apple devices might not be top-of-the-line hardware, but they are easy to use, and it's the entire Apple ecosystem that appeals more so than the individual hardware."

It's not like this is some big secret! Oh noes, the Samsung folks have figured it out! Now they will copy it!

This has ALWAYS been Apple's strength. And it's a GOOD thing that other people, including their competitors, recognize it.

Honestly, it's as if you people WANT all of Apple's competitors to be blind, oblivious, and hopelessly out of touch. Because the world would be sooo amazing if we would only just kill everyone else off and let Apple run the whole show, right? :rolleyes:

psiufoxx

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
I love how he basically says, "Oh and yeah. I also have a Galaxy. 'Cuz I work and Samsung and stuff."

MacCurry

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2006
I'm a typical Android user, but am deeply embedded in the Mac OS X ecosystem and will remain there for the foreseeable future. It is iOS that I despise becasue I can not manage what I need to do with my life and business.

gjwfoasfsaevg

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2007
The problem is, Samsung can't do software, and an ecosystem is all about the software. I would even say that it is impossible to develop competitive software in Korea. There is a 99% Windows and Internet Explorer monoculture, people have been trained to endure horrible ActiveX plugins, toolbars and other proprietary crap to get basic features of websites working, most PC users have not even heard the word "Linux"... maybe that's why Samsung is moving towards the Silicon Valley.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
Samsung's stuff is just not as nice to use as Apple's.

I've tried a lot, including their latest offerings like the SIII & the Note to me they just seem to lack an x-factor. Not sure how else to explain it.

He never said he used his Samsung devices, he only said he had them!

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
I've tried a lot, including their latest offerings like the SIII & the Note to me they just seem to lack an x-factor. Not sure how else to explain it.

I found the GUI to be better, fast, and more responsive than iOS.

However, iPhone/iPad hardware is much nicer.

----------

I agree. I find it so strange & absurd how android users troll this site...it's also comical. Jealous much mr. Android users?

No they're probably converts to Android like me... I just swapped my iPhone for a Galaxy Note 2.

Still using an iPad, but the price of Android tablets are awfully appealing...

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
"OK, so think about Apple compared to Samsung. I use a Mac, actually, at home. I've always used Mac, an iPhone, and an iPad. I also have the Galaxy. So I'm a great example." - Young Sohn

He never said he uses his Samsung devices, just that he has them!

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Samsung Galaxy OS coming soon....

Yeah, I was reading between the lines and thought he was opining about how great it would be if Apple would license iOS to Samsung, but I think you're closer to the mark. Not sure if you were serious, but still, I agree.

Navdakilla

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2011
Canada
I've wondered how different ecosystems would benefit me, and if I would like them more.. my buddy is debating converting to windows 8 phone/computer/xbox to try that ecosystem

For me, Apple is just amazing, it works perfectly for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.