Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
Live in a college town of 87,000. Our Best Buy is fully staffed and excellent to deal with. Employees go out of their way to help and none are standing around watching TV. Other nearest ones are 1.5 hours north and 1.5 hours south. I hope they stay in business because online shopping is the only other option.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Live in a college town of 87,000. Our Best Buy is fully staffed and excellent to deal with. Employees go out of their way to help and none are standing around watching TV. Other nearest ones are 1.5 hours north and 1.5 hours south. I hope they stay in business because online shopping is the only other option.

A "college town" with 87,000 people and the second best buy 1.5 hours away? Odd. Guess you beat the "norm"

pocketpenguin

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2012
Must be the same college town as me. Our bestbuy is the only one in a 100 mile radius.

I've found the staff to always be helpful, though some are not knowledgeable.

The other reason the hold back stock is to meet minimum on-hand requirements for an upcoming ad in the newspaper. Advertising a product and then not having any stock at all can get you accused of bait-and-switch, which is a crime in most places.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Its always funny to see how much anger people have when they talk about Best Buy. They slam the $ 7.50/hr workers for not being "experts" they slam prices for not being equal to online vendors and they validate their hatred with sensationalized stories that often arent even first hand. Yes, Best Buy has a lot of things worth complaining about, but it also is a store that isn't meant for people like us.

Personally, I love Best Buy because I'm not an idiot. I walk in, I don't rely on high school kids to give me TV buying advice, I try out products first hand before pricechecking the internet, I look for solid open box discounts and I use my 60day Reward Zone Silver return policy if necessary. Sure, Best Buy is for suckers but most of their customers dont care if they overpay so if they're happy then why does its existence bother people so much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.