Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etravel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
With Iphone 5, looking for some nice earbuds for daughter and Klipsch seems to get pretty good reviews..With Iphone 5 are the Klipsch S4 or S4I both compatible? One better than the other? Any other suggestions on good choice for earbuds for the iphone and do they will also work with an Ipod? Sorry, even after some research I am still somewhat confused!! :confused:

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
With Iphone 5, looking for some nice earbuds for daughter and Klipsch seems to get pretty good reviews..With Iphone 5 are the Klipsch S4 or S4I both compatible? One better than the other? Any other suggestions on good choice for earbuds for the iphone and do they will also work with an Ipod? Sorry, even after some research I am still somewhat confused!! :confused:

Both should be compatible with the iPhone 5 just fine. The difference between the two is that the S4i has "inline controls" used for stopping/starting music, answering phone calls, etc. Or as they say..."Advanced 3-button mic and remote system Full music and/or voice control on select Apple products*". The S4 does not have those controls.

I have the S4i for my iPhone 4S and love them. They sound awesome, work very well, etc.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
S4i ! Or if you can find them for cheap, Monster Turbines are great for the price (refurbished) and this is coming from someone who hates Monster for what they put out (cables, Beats, etc.)

etravel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
tips

wow, thanks Fireproof those look cool..for a smaller adult female would you say the small size? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.