Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
It's clear that the only thing you enjoy is taking sides, not fairness.

This is simply a patent troll company. They don't make ANYTHING. Their entire website is about their so-called 'patents', and how to license them from them.

http://www.mobilemediaideas.com/patents.html

Look at all those laughable patents.

If Apple had those, you'd laugh at Apple, talking about how evil they are. But when another company uses these patents, it's ok? If 'Mobile Media Idea' made phones with these patents, okay, but they don't. They're just a patent troll.

Either say all the patents suck, or patents are good - but don't take sides just against Apple. It proves your signature is a joke. Your 'blind worship' is anti-Apple.

I'd be fair if Apple had any sense of moral or ethical obligation. This is being very fair considering the amount of horses*it that Apple's thrown at the competition and global community.

Rounded corners? Flat glass surfaces? Slide to unlock?

Was there any fairness from Apple's part or from you or any other macrumors members when Apple bullied a polish online food delivery store named http://www.a.pl

Was any of that fair? There has been NO place for fairness in Apple's mind in the last 8 years, so this story is directly reflected of what Apple has been doing in the global community.

Don't even bring up fairness when cheering on for a company that doesnt care about you or fairness.

Foxykhat

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2010
Karma makes me very happy.

I hope you know Karma is a vicious cycle. Hope it continues to make you happy when the tables turn.

Other than that... I see no one really benefiting for these patent wars. I just want my products. If any company has to pay royalties do it and move on.

Foxy

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
I hope you know Karma is a vicious cycle. Hope it continues to make you happy when the tables turn.

Other than that... I see no one really benefiting for these patent wars. I just want my products. If any company has to pay royalties do it and move on.

Foxy

Patent trolls benefit, at least in the short term.

ericinboston

macrumors 68010
Jan 13, 2008
Folks here also have to remember that lots of companies BUY patents...Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc. They buy (as in, forever) a patent and now they own it and can do whatever they please. Apple, Google, MS, etc. ALSO invent stuff and get their own patents.

Patent trolls really aren't any different...they either 1)create their own inventions and get a patent or 2)they buy a patent from someone else.

Sure, we can all find hundreds of examples of silly patents...but until the patent SYSTEM is overhauled, companies will win and lose patent suits.

Joesmith13245

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Quote from Tim Cook:

"The reality is, is that we love competition, at Apple. We think it makes us all better. But we want people to invent their own stuff."

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
I'd be fair if Apple had any sense of moral or ethical obligation. This is being very fair considering the amount of horses*it that Apple's thrown at the competition and global community.

Rounded corners? Flat glass surfaces? Slide to unlock?

Was there any fairness from Apple's part or from you or any other macrumors members when Apple bullied a polish online food delivery store named http://www.a.pl

Was any of that fair? There has been NO place for fairness in Apple's mind in the last 8 years, so this story is directly reflected of what Apple has been doing in the global community.

Don't even bring up fairness when cheering on for a company that doesnt care about you or fairness.

Comments like this are so childish. Really?

Sooooo tired of the anti-Apple, they are so evil junk. :rolleyes:

Renzatic

Suspended
It seems to me most revolutions are in the eye of the beholder around here.

This is yet another perfect example of why I don't particularly like the patent system as is. Camera phones. Yeah, there's about a billion different ways to implement a camera in a phone, and Apple's process is likely entirely different than Mobilemedia's implementation.

Yet they were still sued because, hey, we've got a patent for a camera in a phone that uses software to process and display the pictures. It's likely very specific in its vagueness, enough to the point that they can patent the idea and end results rather than the process itself.

It's the same way with bounce back scrolling. Samsung likely used an entirely different setup to achieve the same results, yet were sued because...hey...bounce back scrolling. Apple has a patent for that.

It's a rather desperate thing for me to do, but I'm hoping now that Apple has been sued over something stupid and obvious, it'll lend some much needed perspective to the people who argue that the patent system protects innovation, rather than curtails it by allowing a select few to own an entire idea.

Remember people. It used to be you could patent the designs for a steam engine, not the concept of a steam engine itself. That's the way it should be now.

...but isn't.

shulerg

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2009
Nonsense garbage. Patent trolls are the new hedge funds: make nothing, do nothing leeches.

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
It is a patent troll. Patent everything silly comes to mind or hold patents for other inventors and sue everyone in the brotherhood.

Just like our beloved Apple.

not a patent troll in the traditional sense, since the company is jointly owned by Sony, Nokia, and MPEG LA.

NOV

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2004
The Netherlands
F all the big corps. Period.

So many of these it is hard to keep track. Governments need to end this BS for all these companies and lawyers.

In the end it is killing innovation and the only winners are the lawyers representing the big corps. If in 1976 such craziness existed Jobs and Wozniak would have never got out of their garage.

Gasu E.

macrumors 603
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Karma makes me very happy.

It's funny you should say this, since this company holds Nokia patents. If you recall, the whole patent war started in 2009 when Nokia went after Apple. Apple's taste for litigation as a competitive tactic seems to have started then, when they saw how effective Nokia could be.

So if you are saying it is Karma that the company that started the patent wars is getting rewarded, that would be a new use of the Karma concept to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.