Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Mostly for reminders, it's SO much faster than typing the while thing in with all the input fields.

Also for texting when I'm alone. Won't use it in public. I use the dictation more than Siri for that because Siri cuts you off. The dictation button when you're in messages stays on while you think about what to say and put in your punctuation.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Texting while driving, setting reminders/alarms, checking movie showtimes/ratings, navigating (before Google Maps), stuff like that. She's pretty handy when she actually works...

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Setting my alarm (every night)
Making calls (few times a day, doesn't work on people with complex names)
Launching apps directly from the lock screen (occasionally)
Dictate quick emails/sms (not very often, siri still has problems understanding what I say, so I usually just use it to quickly bring up the sms/email screen)

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Scheduling calender events
Setting reminders
Setting timer
Setting alarm
Reading back texts / iMessages
Sending texts / iMessages
Launching songs, albums or playlists
Launching apps
Asking it silly questions to entertain the kids

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
To find hookers. lol :D

No way! Same here! :D

But I rarely use Siri. Occassionally, I will ask what time Chelsea FC is playing rather than looking it up on my phone. Other than that, I really don't use the feature all that much.

josh995

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
I wasn't aware that software had a gender.

It doesn't but obviously siri has a female sounding voice.

Anyway, I tell siri to call people a lot while I'm driving. I use it for reminders... "Remind me to stop at Target on my way home from work to pick up ______" and I use it when driving to listen to music from a specific artist.

"Wake me up at __am/pm"

Once in a while I'll ask siri where the nearest ______ is. (restaurant, gas station, etc)

I think the people who have problems with siri just aren't using it correctly. I very rarely have problems with it, and when I do it's usually my own fault.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
sometimes to shoot a text if im driving haha. or ill find out how the cowboys are doing.. always not too well :p

Furifo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
- Setting reminders
- Adding calendar entries
- Other uses are mainly for calls/messages while I'm driving on a long journey

Starrbuck

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
What do you use Siri for most often? How often do you use her?

Last night I had her send a text message for me. She understood me perfectly and created and sent the message.

I don't use it often because I just got my new iPhone 5 on Monday and haven't thought of more ways to use it yet.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i sometimes use "her" to set my alarm but thats it. i basically forget siri exists tbh

i cant really use siri for texing or setting reminders either because i need time to think what i even wanna say

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.