Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
The courts need to stop accepting patent dispute cases by corporations. At this point they're just abusing the court system and patent law.

M

Mr.damien

I'd be fair if Apple had any sense of moral or ethical obligation. This is being very fair considering the amount of horses*it that Apple's thrown at the competition and global community.

Rounded corners? Flat glass surfaces? Slide to unlock?

Was there any fairness from Apple's part or from you or any other macrumors members when Apple bullied a polish online food delivery store named http://www.a.pl

Was any of that fair? There has been NO place for fairness in Apple's mind in the last 8 years, so this story is directly reflected of what Apple has been doing in the global community.

Don't even bring up fairness when cheering on for a company that doesnt care about you or fairness.

The fairness is that apple created all thoses products AND created the market for mobility while nobody wanted to try it.

If Apple failed with the iPhone, today, Apple -as SJ said- would be banckrupcy because they used all their money to do it.

It's so easy to do like samsung and just wait the others to do all the hard work, and then, once you see it's working, just pop in there and making copy of the products.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
In the end it is killing innovation and the only winners are the lawyers representing the big corps. If in 1976 such craziness existed Jobs and Wozniak would have never got out of their garage.

Exactly, people don't tend to think about this.

hcri50

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2007
you are right

So according to the right wing trolls and Google, Apple is bad for suing to protect its patents, but when other companies sue Apple, it's ok. What a bunch of hypocrites.

You can always tell on which side of the fence they are on

Renzatic

Suspended
The fairness is that apple created all thoses products AND created the market for mobility while nobody wanted to try it.

I won't say Apple didn't do anything at all, they brought some great ideas to the table. One thing I'm sure as hell they didn't do was create the mobile market.

They popularized it, sure. And they use a ton of other peoples ideas to do so, not just their own.

clibinarius

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2010
NY
It's clear that the only thing you enjoy is taking sides, not fairness.

This is simply a patent troll company. They don't make ANYTHING. Their entire website is about their so-called 'patents', and how to license them from them.

http://www.mobilemediaideas.com/patents.html

Look at all those laughable patents.

If Apple had those, you'd laugh at Apple, talking about how evil they are. But when another company uses these patents, it's ok? If 'Mobile Media Idea' made phones with these patents, okay, but they don't. They're just a patent troll.

Either say all the patents suck, or patents are good - but don't take sides just against Apple. It proves your signature is a joke. Your 'blind worship' is anti-Apple.

Actually, its an agreement between companies.

Look, I'm not saying these patents are great. But a camera phone is obvious IN RETROSPECT (sort of like how people claim Apple's things regarding multitouch are obvious-in retrospect). And companies who share licensing agreements decided to sue a company they didn't think they could get a good agreement from, since Apple notoriously does not like to share patents, and won the case, and the award if ever awarded probably would go right into a patent sharing agreement that should've existed in the first place.

Apple got what they deserved. Getting over a billion because of bounce back, which is far more worthless than a camera phone IMO. The courts will eventually force everyone to have licensing agreements, and we can finally stop reading about this and furthermore, all the people who state fanboyish lies for google and apple may be able to shut up.

If Apple failed with the iPhone, today, Apple -as SJ said- would be banckrupcy because they used all their money to do it.

It's so easy to do like samsung and just wait the others to do all the hard work, and then, once you see it's working, just pop in there and making copy of the products.

Wrong. SJ might have said that, but Macs were churning a pretty profit, as were iPods. Apple wouldn't have been the beast it is today, true, but this is just Jobs's hyperbole. The iPhone was worked on long before Apple considered an iPhone, and I don't recall anyone saying if Apple sinks all their money into a product, that's a good idea. Apple came at the right time in the market. They had a pretty package. And they made a lot of money. They didn't take the risk that they're credited as taking-I find it hard to believe even back when it first came out that it would be less successful than the Apple TV in retrospect.

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
not a patent troll in the traditional sense, since the company is jointly owned by Sony, Nokia, and MPEG LA.
And they actually make things with those patents. ;)

pretty unique idea at the time that is now everywhere....like how multitouch is with smart phones yet apples holds that patent
What patent are you referring too? There is no "Multitouch patent".

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.

Apple DID NOT invent rounded corners.
Apple DID NOT invent flat glass surfaces.
Apple DID NOT invent slide-to-unlock.

Apple didn't create the market either. It added to it and popularized it. Holy crap, I can't believe some people actually think Apple invented all this stuff including 'the market'.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Apple DID NOT invent rounded corners.
Apple DID NOT invent flat glass surfaces.
Apple DID NOT invent slide-to-unlock.

Apple DID NOT patent rounded corners.
Apple DID NOT patent flat glass surfaces.
Apple DID NOT patent slide-to-unlock.

Holy crap, I can't believe some people actually think Apple patented all this stuff after years of discussion.

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
Hopefully people will come to realize how companies have and must take ideas from other companies in order for the hardware and software to advance. .

Another approach would be to not allow patents for minor things. Set a higher bar for granting ownership to ideas and inventions.

Swiping a touchscreen a certain way should not be awarded a patent. Inventing a new type of multi touch technology, sure. Saving pictures and emailing them from a phone, no. Making all the circuitry and hardware for a device that can take pictures and email, sure.

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.

Holy crap, I can't believe some people actually think Apple patented all this stuff after years of discussion.

Really? Wow, thank you for that wonderful post, further proving my point against his argument.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA

You really can't believe it? Welcome to my world ;) I am in constant awe at al the crap that people believe either through lack of research of their own or believing everything they've read on a forum or been told while waiting in line at the Apple store...

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2010
Before I bought my iPhone, all I had was a stick and a bucket of chewed gum to communicate with. Apple changed everything for me.

Totally smartphones changed my life. The iPhone let me communicate with people finally. Android is so advanced I can communicate with space aliens and other galaxies. It's called the Galaxy for a reason. Apple opened the door though clearly for Android to eventually break that tricky faster than light barrier, apparently the Galaxy s4 killer feature is you put it in your car and can travel through space at 1 billion light years per hour.

Impressive tech and you can multitask while doing it and send those important attachments, any kind you want. Apple will copy this tech and claim they created it but it won't be till 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:

johncrab

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
It is impossible to fart these days without someone claiming a patent is being infringed. Yet these "someones" are always huge corporations. The individual who invented a technique or technology is usually long gone, drummed out of the company through layoff, forced retirement, etc. and gets nothing, usually not even his pension for the work he did.

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2010
In the end it is killing innovation and the only winners are the lawyers representing the big corps. If in 1976 such craziness existed Jobs and Wozniak would have never got out of their garage.

That is true, it is like handcuffs for a lot of company's trying to get up and running.

Sorry mods I thought this would merge with my other post. *sad face*

Last edited by a moderator:

Renzatic

Suspended
...apparently the Galaxy s4 killer feature is you put it in your car and can travel through space at 1 billion light years per hour.

That's not true at all. My friend has an uncle who works for Samsung, and he got to play with a prototype Galaxy S4.

...thing didn't even top out at 100,000 miles per second. We couldn't even reach Mars in time for dinner.

But hey, that's Samesuck for you. Overpromising and underdelivering. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.