Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Can anyone comment as to whether this works with the Apple 30-pin to lightning cable? The one review early on says no, but Caze says it works.

How about non-Apple headphone fit? Do most other headphones fit or not?

I have a Spigen Linear EX that is very similar to this case, but neither the adapter cable nor most headphones fit with it.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Can anyone comment as to whether this works with the Apple 30-pin to lightning cable? The one review early on says no, but Caze says it works.

I have a Spigen Linear EX that is very similar to this case, but neither the adapter cable nor most headphones fit with it.

I have the cable adapter and I can confirm it does not work. The only solution would be to file the adapter piece down. Where did Caze say it works?

any chance the CAZE metallic clip will scratch the phone?? looks like its very close

The clips are plastic.

yellowsnowinfo

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012

my senns fit which is a L shaped plug

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
I have the cable adapter and I can confirm it does not work. The only solution would be to file the adapter piece down. Where did Caze say it works?

Thanks. Right in their product features section - "Fits Apple's Lightning to 30-pin Adapter".

I guess that might mean the one-piece adapter, but that one seems even harder to fit than the cable.

----------

my senns fit which is a L shaped plug

Thanks!

Which model Senns?

krick

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2009
Thanks. Right in their product features section - "Fits Apple's Lightning to 30-pin Adapter".

I guess that might mean the one-piece adapter, but that one seems even harder to fit than the cable.

Definitely does not fit the one piece adapter, and the cable adapter does need to be filed down to fit, which is what I did (takes only about 5 minutes).

matrix808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Ya lightning cable adapter does not work.

Headphones, I've been using Westone 3s on ALL cases since i had my ip4 and NEVER had an issue. the caze was the first case it did not fit on, slightly disappointed, but thinking of taking a dremel to it and making the opening a little bigger.

----------

Here are pics of my clear caze, sorry only have my ipad mini as a camera

any chance the CAZE metallic clip will scratch the phone?? looks like its very close

Dont think the clip will scratch its only been a day, but ive removed the case and everything looks ok right now.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009

----------

Thanks!

Which model Senns?

I wrote customer service to tell them to remove their misleading (and inaccurate) info.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I received my first Caze a month or more ago, and the second one just came in. The first fits my phone with a skin on the edge, but the new one doesn't

Very strange. Maybe they tightened it up a bit?

Still one the nicest "thinnest" bumpers.

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
I am waiting for mine, i am very anxious, hopefully i will be recieving it this week, i cant wait anymore.

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
I've received my phantomskins matte back and sides, i only need to receive the thin edgecase pleaseeeee jaja. I ordered the power support bumper too to compare, and I will sell the one that I dont like :p

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
I installed the phantomskinz matte back this weekend, took two shots, but finally got it on the 2nd one. Got a lot of tiny bubbles on the top/bottom parts of the back on the first try. Much less on the 2nd. You've got to be pretty accurate when installing them and using the thinedge. Mine was too far to the right side of the phone and started bubbling up when I put the thinedge on. One plus I found was that I could install the thinedge while having the top/side pcs installed from the PS set, so that was a bonus. Great looking set up, now i just need a new spigen front protector, 2 tiny bubbles that need to go.

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013
I installed the phantomskinz matte back this weekend, took two shots, but finally got it on the 2nd one. Got a lot of tiny bubbles on the top/bottom parts of the back on the first try. Much less on the 2nd. You've got to be pretty accurate when installing them and using the thinedge. Mine was too far to the right side of the phone and started bubbling up when I put the thinedge on. One plus I found was that I could install the thinedge while having the top/side pcs installed from the PS set, so that was a bonus. Great looking set up, now i just need a new spigen front protector, 2 tiny bubbles that need to go.

Could you post some photos with the final look? Thanksss

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland

Also, did you get the case friendly version of the Phantomskinz or regular?

Thanks

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland
Whats the diference between them?

I believe, like Ghost Armor's, it is cut slightly smaller so that the skin does not extend all the way to the chamfered edge. It allows some space between the lip of a case/bumper and the skin to limit the case/bumper causing peeling or lifting of the skin.

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Is ThinkEdge the thinnest bumper right now? I love the cutouts (mute, vol, power) to make it slimmer compare to other bumpers with covers. However, I don't like the clip as it makes its thicker and not sure the point of it. Thanks!

Thekidtorres

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2013

Mine if I trust in what the page says, was 9 working days to leave hong kong, I paid for the item the 24th of january and today the tracking says: will leave hong kong for its destination on 06/02/2013. Hopefully, like many others items that I bought (on ebay) the tracinkg never coincide with the reality jeje.

----------

Is ThinkEdge the thinnest bumper right now? I love the cutouts (mute, vol, power) to make it slimmer compare to other bumpers with covers. However, I don't like the clip as it makes its thicker and not sure the point of it. Thanks!

For me yes, no doubt on that. The clip is there for attach de case. In youtube you can watch a video of the 4s case that shows you how it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.