Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marjamrob1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
I wrote a simple C program that takes an equation in y intercept an creates a table. My math teacher offered me extra credit to show it to her.I would perfer to do it on my iPad, as opposed to a computer. So how can I compile that for use with Mobile Terminal on my iPad, so it will run to show my teacher? I have Xcode 4.2, and GCC so what should I do?

lee1210

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
My immediate inclination is:
ssh from Mobile Terminal to a machine you can run your program on
I'm sure there's documentation for getting tools installed in Mobile Terminal but I don't know how to do it, and me looking it up is no more useful than you looking it up. Also I think general jailbreaky stuff is in a grey area on the forums.

Also... There's still a place for computers. You didn't write, test, and debug this code on your iPad. Running it on one for show is fine, but honestly... you know how to run it in your computer, and you don't know how to on your iPad. Learning is great, so learn! By all means. But maybe it's better to just show your teacher on a computer, get your extra credit, then figure out the iPad hootenanny.

Care for us to review your code?

-Lee

Marjamrob1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
My immediate inclination is:
ssh from Mobile Terminal to a machine you can run your program on
I'm sure there's documentation for getting tools installed in Mobile Terminal but I don't know how to do it, and me looking it up is no more useful than you looking it up. Also I think general jailbreaky stuff is in a grey area on the forums.

Also... There's still a place for computers. You didn't write, test, and debug this code on your iPad. Running it on one for show is fine, but honestly... you know how to run it in your computer, and you don't know how to on your iPad. Learning is great, so learn! By all means. But maybe it's better to just show your teacher on a computer, get your extra credit, then figure out the iPad hootenanny.

Care for us to review your code?

-Lee

Sure i will upload it later. I ended up using the interpreter on the appstore though.

lee1210

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
Interesting. My mistake, the mobile terminal stuff led me astray. Apologies for any improper characterization. A C interpreter seems like a quirky app, but I guess it makes sense that it passes muster.

-Lee

Marjamrob1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
Interesting. My mistake, the mobile terminal stuff led me astray. Apologies for any improper characterization. A C interpreter seems like a quirky app, but I guess it makes sense that it passes muster.

-Lee

Yes, there is also a Python and a Lisp one as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.