Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Perhaps someone could help me figure out what is going on with my iTunes Match. I purchased it about a month ago and it's been working great until today.

Earlier today I added a new album to iTunes. When the album appeared on my iPhone, only about half of the songs had the album artwork with it, even after waiting a few minutes. I'm OCD about this kind of stuff so to try and fix it, I turned off iTunes Match on my iPhone and then turned it back on.

After turning it back on, none of my music in my entire library has album artwork and also none of my playlist are showing up.

Does anyone know why this is happening, or how this fix this?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Last edited:

gdmang

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Exactly the same problem here

At least I am not alone with this problem.

My album artwork status is as follows:
iTunes: All there
iOS Devices: Nothing there in the lists and small previews, some are there in the large views.

Also happened today after deactivating and activiting iTunes Match on the iOS devices.

I am using iTunes 11, iOS 6 music app and iTunes Match.

Tried everything in iTunes and iTunes Match - I think this is a real Bug with iTunes Match and the new iTunes 11.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Tried everything in iTunes and iTunes Match - I think this is a real Bug with iTunes Match and the new iTunes 11.

I'm beginning to think this too. I've tried everything I can think of. Disabling then enabling iTunes Match on every device I have, restarting devices, removing everything from the iTunes Match and matching my library again, trying it on my iPhone 4 which is running 6.1 beta 3. Nothing is working.

However, at one point I created a new iTunes library and enabled match on it and it worked flawlessly. I only have problems on iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, and AppleTV all have no artwork or playlist). This leads me to believe that it is a bug with iTunes 11/iOS.

gdmang

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
Solved for me

For me this turned out to be a temporary issue. After 8 hours or so, I again deactivated and activated iTunes Match on the iOS devices - now it started working again > about 50% album arts were loaded automatically. The others I got with tipping on the album symbol.

So I think there are some iTunes Match related stability issues somewhere in the apple clouds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.