Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Go To Current Song now works in Playlists mode.

However, auto-jump (where the highlighted song updates as the currently playing song changes) only works in Playlists mode for List view. An improvement from 11.0.0, where it wouldn't jump at all. But for Grid and Artist List views, auto-jump still does not work. This is a shame because I really have come to like Grid view for my standard interface, but it's useless in Playlists mode if it doesn't update.

It seems like the mini-mode is less glitchy. The popup menus there were would flicker and such before; that seems to be fixed. I also haven't had the mini-mode rollover buttons get stuck in the 'on' position yet either.

So overall, they cleared out a lot of UI bugs, but left some annoying functionality bugs to hopefully get fixed in a future release.

trekkie604

macrumors 68000
Feb 25, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Next put back:
- album art in the bottom left corner of the sidebar
- album art in list view
- multiple windows so that I can actually choose where in a playlist to add a song!

Hesays

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
I think i encountered a good bug after updating to version 11. My iTunes Match supposedly ran out a year after it started, yet, it has not stopped working on any of my devices. Whenever i add a song to my iTunes, it still gets uploaded to the cloud and i can play it on my phone or Apple tv.

Might just be me or i could be wrong.

----

Just checked my iTunes account and it does say that my iTunes match is expired. Not even going to complain since it still works!

CHEERS!

same here!

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Now mini player updates song and artist when listening to radio. perhaps the bug was/is there for local music.

if you didn't know the bug, when in mini view, it would not update to the current song and artist.
Yes it does. And it scrolls too. Unfortunately, it only scrolls twice through the artist/song title and then it stops, cutting off any titles that are too long to display. :(

Boomish69

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
London
Who gives a toss about bugs, iTunes 11 is at best a crap update, I mean year on year the multimedia concept grows with the average person not just collecting MP3's but movies, apps , podcasts as well as music, yet it's like navigating a stone henge archaic program!! bugger me how bloody blind minded must you be to realise people have movie collections, app collections & music collections, its the most unintuitive worst GUI designed apps ever!
Apple are about revolution and evolution not just plain minimal changes!

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Is searching broken?

I can find the song Africa by Toto but if I search for toto I get nothing.

Searching _is_ broken. Even if it finds "Africa" and "Toto", it won't find "Toto Africa" (if you want to filter out other "Africa"s). Please go to the feedback page and report any problems you find.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Am i missing something ? did Apple actually say what been "improved" since version 11 ? Seems like we already know about the "Up Next" new redesigned already"

Update: nevermind... its right down after all of this.

aperture01

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
Washington, DC
Wow Search is MUCH BETTER!

I have a huge library and the new searching was unbearable in this new version. I know I could turn off the "Search Entire Library" but that ruined the intuitiveness of it.

It still stutters a bit but I can handle that over completely beach-balling me. I wish it would optimize the database in the background. Maybe an option to tell it to load more of the DB in memory.

That thing should be fast. Granted I have 105,535 tracks about 674GB.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
When I see phrases like "makes iTunes more responsive" I always wonder if it means "optimized to improve performance" or "fixed grievous error causing program to hang".

CodexMonkey

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2012
Since updating to the new iTunes and new AppleTV software, the only issue I'm having is that on the AppleTV the music from iTunes Match refuses to display the album covers. It displays the covers for the exact same albums under 'computers' but not under iTunes Match. I even tried deleting some albums from the cloud, deleting the album cover in iTunes, getting iTunes to source the cover again for me and then re-uploading it to iTunes Match and they're still all blank on the ATV.

It used to display the covers before the update, very quickly, and it's not a loading issue as I've left it on for hours and still not one of them gets loaded or appears. I've also done a speed test on the router it's hard-wired into and, on 100Mb/s broadband it's currently registering a quite staggering 103Mb/s for DLs.

Anyone else having this issue..?

OS-SEX

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2012
"Unable to connect to iTunes in the Cloud. A communication error has occurred. iTunes will try to connect again soon."

Anyone else but me enjoying this lovely new "feature?" :mad:

grandall

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2006
"Unable to connect to iTunes in the Cloud. A communication error has occurred. iTunes will try to connect again soon."

Yes, it's exciting! I especially like how the message pops back up every couple of minutes.

I don't know if it's the new version of iTunes causing the problem or if there's actually a problem somewhere in the Cloud, but I'm getting it and it's irritating.

MacFoodPoisoner

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
they needed an extra couple of months or so "to get it right", and they had to go to 11.0.1 to speed up searching?

I am not buying it one single bit.

----------

Yes, it's exciting! I especially like how the message pops back up every couple of minutes.

I don't know if it's the new version of iTunes causing the problem or if there's actually a problem somewhere in the Cloud, but I'm getting it and it's irritating.

same here, I 've got that about 4 times in the last couple of hours that I am on my mac....:rolleyes:

iBungie

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
I am getting the same message and it keep popping up every few minutes. Nevr had this before the upgrade to 11.0.1

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
they needed an extra couple of months or so "to get it right", and they had to go to 11.0.1 to speed up searching?

I am not buying it one single bit.
:rolleyes:

Wasn't Apple originally delaying iTunes 11 till December ? Maybe they should have, and used that time to "fix" searches and add these to version 11, then there wouldn't NEED to be a 11.0.1 soo quickly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.