Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Playoffs would be great for leagues with tougher schedules because committees select the teams. This year, an 8-team playoff would be almost all SEC and Pac-12.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
So Bielema is out and…Utah State's Gary Andersen is in. Seems like a net loss, to me (even though I do think Andersen is a good coach).

What do you think, einmusiker?

I guess we'll see. If Bielema could be Alvarez's puppet and use his playbook to win I'm sure Anderson can too. It will come down to whether he can make the right decisions when the big games are on the line to win... Bielema sure didn't

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Embarrassing loss for Florida. They got completely outplayed by a team that shouldn't have been able to stay on the field with them, and their already pathetic offense was even more pathetic than it's been most of the year.

If I was a UF grad/fan, I would be crying my eyes out that my school passed on Charlie Strong in favor of Will Muschamp.

rendevouspoo

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2012
If I was a UF grad/fan, I would be crying my eyes out that my school passed on Charlie Strong in favor of Will Muschamp.

I wouldn't go that far. Have you seen the recruitment Muschamp has been doing? It's amazing. That said, I wish the Gators nothing but the worse.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I wouldn't go that far. Have you seen the recruitment Muschamp has been doing? It's amazing. That said, I wish the Gators nothing but the worse.

Florida has recruited well for years and will continue to do so no matter who the coach is—Ron Zook recruited like a maniac while he was there. The problem, then, is coaching. You can have all the talent you want, but if it doesn't translate into championships, what good is it?

It's hard to find guys who are both great game day coaches AND great recruiters. Strong is one of those guys; Muschamp is not.

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Nice Cotton Bowl.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I don't post here as often as I'd like anymore, but I thought I'd poke my head in and thank the Ags for stomping a mud hole into the stinkin' Sooners! :D

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Conference bowl records heading into the BCSCG. Some surprising results in a few games but overall it's about what we expected, isn't it?

SEC 5-3
CUSA 4-1
ACC 4-2
Pac-12 4-4
Big 12 4-5
Big East 3-1
Big Ten 2-5
WAC 2-0
MAC 2-5
Indy 1-1
Sun Belt 1-2
MWC 1-4

I don't post here as often as I'd like anymore, but I thought I'd poke my head in and thank the Ags for stomping a mud hole into the stinkin' Sooners! :D

ar126735499104399.jpg

Last edited:

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
wow two terrible calls in Bama's favor. ND getting screwed

----------

I'm actually going to turn this game off. College football just doesn't capture my attention it just seems to be regions that don't have pro teams throwing as much money at programs as possible to try to get recognition :/

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
Can we go ahead and admit that the SEC is still the best conference by a wide margin? If not for some bonehead moves late by LSU's offensive play callers and complete apathy by Florida, we'd be looking at an 8-1 bowl record and six top ten teams in the final poll.

Even still, pretty freaking good.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Can we go ahead and admit that the SEC is still the best conference by a wide margin? If not for some bonehead moves late by LSU's offensive play callers and complete apathy by Florida, we'd be looking at an 8-1 bowl record and six top ten teams in the final poll.

I'm sure someone will use the 1 or 2 blown calls at the start of the game as an excuse but Notre Dame haven't been able to do anything after forcing punts. This is Alabama playing Crimson Tide championship football.

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan

Shoulda woulda coulda. C-USA still has a better bowl win % than you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.