Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
On Phone With UPS

I managed to get the number for UPS tech support. Anyone who wants to phone and bitch them out dial 877-289-6418.

They told me that all of us who received an email through UPS My Choice should ignore it. Their excuse was that My Choice only works for domestic shipments. This is a bunch of BS. Anyway, my iMac won't be here until Monday. It makes no difference to me, because I won't be able to set it up until next Wednesday, anyway. But, other people who are waiting will be disappointed. Call UPS and bitch them out.

My tracking page still says Anchorage, but it is really in Kentucky according to a phone rep. I told the tech support guy that they should fix their software. Please feel free to phone and harass them.

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
Ordered on Dec 5th:

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
768GB Flash Storage
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

Available to ship: 4 - 5 Weeks
Delivers Jan 9 - Jan 15 via Standard Shipping

----------

I managed to get the number for UPS tech support. Anyone who wants to phone and bitch them out dial 877-289-6418.

They told me that all of us who received an email through UPS My Choice should ignore it. Their excuse was that My Choice only works for domestic shipments. This is a bunch of BS. Anyway, my iMac won't be here until Monday. It makes no difference to me, because I won't be able to set it up until next Wednesday, anyway. But, other people who are waiting will be disappointed. Call UPS and bitch them out.

My tracking page still says Anchorage, but it is really in Kentucky according to a phone rep. I told the tech support guy that they should fix their software. Please feel free to phone and harass them.

It's not the software, it's probably a missed scan for the shipment when it arrived in KY. I used to load trucks for UPS, and when a package didn't scan, sometimes things were going too fast to manually enter it. Or I simply forgot to scan the package. Of course that was about 15 years ago so the scanning process is probably a little more automated now. At any rate, I hope you get a tracking update soon.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
More updates for those of us with UPS last update leaving Alaska Dec 11th at 910PM.

My UPS source (my wife's uncle with UPS. He's retired now but got just working a few weeks back at UPS for holiday season cause he's bored). He says he's extremely perplex what's going on. He says UPS has more than enough "capacity" and "lift" to get the packages out of Louisville to their final destinations.

What's he's wondering right now is that UPS could be just holding all these "consolidated packages" in Louisville for "super saturday" sorting. He says this would not make any sense why they wouldn't want to unload all these packages now instead of getting swamped next week because of the holidays.

Either way, he says my package has to be updated by Sunday or else it may not even come on Monday now.

Last edited:

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
More updates for those of us with UPS last update leaving Alaska Dec 11th at 910PM.

My UPS source (my wife's uncle with UPS. He's retired now but got just working a few weeks back at UPS for holiday season cause he's bored). He says he's extremely perplex what's going on. He says UPS has more than enough "capacity" and "life" to get the packages out of Louisville to their final destinations.

What's he's wondering right now is that UPS could be just holding all these "consolidated packages" in Louisville for "super saturday" sorting. He says this would not make any sense why they wouldn't want to unload all these packages now instead of getting swamped next week because of the holidays.

Either way, he says my package has to be updated by Sunday or else it may not even come on Monday now.

Yep, they've been sitting in Louisville for 2 days now. Maybe we should start a class action suit against them for misrepresenting when packages are to be delivered.

----------

Ordered on Dec 5th:

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
768GB Flash Storage
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 675MX 1G GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG

Available to ship: 4 - 5 Weeks
Delivers Jan 9 - Jan 15 via Standard Shipping

----------

It's not the software, it's probably a missed scan for the shipment when it arrived in KY. I used to load trucks for UPS, and when a package didn't scan, sometimes things were going too fast to manually enter it. Or I simply forgot to scan the package. Of course that was about 15 years ago so the scanning process is probably a little more automated now. At any rate, I hope you get a tracking update soon.

There's several of us who got the same email through UPS My Choice quoting today delivery. They decided to hold them in Louisville instead.

dryice589

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012

My UPS source (my wife's uncle with UPS. He's retired now but got just working a few weeks back at UPS for holiday season cause he's bored). He says he's extremely perplex what's going on. He says UPS has more than enough "capacity" and "lift" to get the packages out of Louisville to their final destinations.

Thanks for the update. Sad news...

Schatje

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
Ours arrived this morning. It scanned in Shanghai on Wed, but said received after Fedex cutoff time. It actually left Shanghai yesterday, and arrived last night in Memphis. Arrived in EWR at 6:37am today, and I received it 3 hours later.

So, no stop in Anchorage for us, although it seems like only UPS packages are moving through there this time (our phones came through Anchorage last time, and were Fedex delivered).

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 48

bizango

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
california
Yipee!! Mine switched to "preparing for shipping" sometime last night!

I was in the 11/30 club, but a 7am pst order. I'm feeling guilty for the 5 & 10 minute club members still stuck on processing...but don't lose hope!! That apple order page apparently does change, despite my recent beliefs otherwise.

Grapes sure taste good after all that cucumber. (lol video, btw!)

i7, 1tb fusion, 680mx

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Ours arrived this morning. It scanned in Shanghai on Wed, but said received after Fedex cutoff time. It actually left Shanghai yesterday, and arrived last night in Memphis. Arrived in EWR at 6:37am today, and I received it 3 hours later.

So, no stop in Anchorage for us, although it seems like only UPS packages are moving through there this time (our phones came through Anchorage last time, and were Fedex delivered).

Hmm interesting. It seems that mine has gone to Anchorage... I know that the flight then continues from Anchorage to Memphis... I was thinking they might move it to a connecting flight from Anchorage to EWR... Doesn't make sense for them to send it to Memphis first, and then another flight to EWR (they could have just put it on the direct flight to Memphis then).

I don't know if shipping is supposed to be this suspenseful :D :D

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
Just a little ago there was an extra scan in KY for Import Scan which means now it can be scanned for Departure and finally come my way. So that means the page is correct and it will really just get here on Monday :(

Not sure why it was there for more than 2 days before it got scanned for Import. The iPad mini I got this week got through that in about 1/2 day.

noahc

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2005

Really appreciate the insider perspective that your uncle has been providing -- please make sure he knows that all the obsessive guys on the Mac Rumors forums thank him for his info!

I would expect to see this broken apart today and shipped out starting today for delivery Monday (lets them send some of these by ground to places within 2 days drive from Louisville).

For this type of shipment, for which we've all received for "free" from Apple, UPS has a certain service level. While there is no doubt that they COULD have moved them faster, for whatever reason they have chosen not to. Its disappointing since we were all so surprised and happy when we saw these ship on Monday morning, but I'm confident that we WILL see them as promised next week and this is still a week in advance of when Apple originally promised it.

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Indeed! Had the same reaction as I saw my status perseverating "processing" :confused: We ordered about the same time and have the same result thus far. Does this make us processing brothers?:D

We hang together, Brother Echomango. I will try to follow to see how things go for you. I wonder how many of us "11/30s" are left? Let's hear from the "11/30s".

"I want my new iMac!", he said screaming to the sky.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
the lurker has awakened!

Well, once I crossed the international date line to Alaska, things went relatively fast. Made it out of Anchorage in less than 1 1/2 hrs. Now I am stacked up in Louisville with everyone else. UPS gave me a Wednesday 19th delivery date. If only I had not listened to the Apple rep when she talked me out of upgrading my shipping! Actually, I can't complain about the delivery date, which is 5 days earlier than the original date. I just wish it was coming by FedEx instead of UPS. At least 80% of UPS deliveries I get come in crushed boxes. Including one of my1st day iPhone deliveries.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Louisville, KY, United States 12/14/2012 7:15 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 12/13/2012 9:10 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2012 7:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 12/14/2012 4:56 A.M. Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 12/13/2012 9:04 P.M. Export Scan
12/13/2012 5:50 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2012 1:19 P.M. Origin Scan
China 12/13/2012 12:02 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Shipping Information

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
We hang together, Brother Echomango. I will try to follow to see how things go for you. I wonder how many of us "11/30s" are left? Let's hear from the "11/30s".

I'm an 11/30-er. Ordered around noon, really hoping for "Preparing For Shipment" sometime before Monday if possible!

3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
1TB Fusion
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX

oldgeezer

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Maryland
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Preparing for Shipment. [TAP DANCE!!] [SHOUTS OF JOY] Better than sex.....well maybe not.

Ordered 11/30 at 8:30 EDT

I5 - 3.2 ghz
1TB Fusion
Trackpad
Pages Installed

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
So I was just told by an Apple supervisor that because of all the complaints about shipping on these new iMac's that they will start doing all orders like they do iphone orders no early shipping just hold orders in till your estimated shipping date, I hope this is not true because that would suck I'm happy to be getting my iMac a week early.

bnghle234

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Finally! Preparing for shippment. Thought this day would never come! I ordered on 11/30 around 8am PST.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 54
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.