Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

328xi

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2012
I use gazelle.com. Probably don't get as much as you would from a private sale but it is incredibly simple and hassle free.

Very easy to use. I got $100 for my 16 gig iPad 1 and $150 for my iPhone 4.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
What are some of the places you guys go meet up with people from Craigslist aside from Starbucks? I'm currently selling something on CL and its my first time. I was thinking Starbucks, but would like to get other suggestions.

Infinite Jest

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
Harrisonburg, Va
What are some of the places you guys go meet up with people from Craigslist aside from Starbucks? I'm currently selling something on CL and its my first time. I was thinking Starbucks, but would like to get other suggestions.

Dark alleys or basketball courts at midnight are usually my venues of choice.

Other than that, just any parking lots that are busy. Haven't had any problems yet.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado

Local mall food court, Panera, etc. Any place that is public and has a reasonable number of people near by.

naisdes

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2012
I was thinking of trading in my iPad 2 16GB WiFi for around £120 but then I thought that is a waste because I'm not desperate for the money and that amount is nothing really! I gave it to my sister instead and she is loving it. So I'm glad it's gone to someone who makes use of it.

HERO XXL

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
I've bought/sold so many items on CL that its become second nature. I seem to always take into account the other persons comfort ability more so than mine, so I tell them that THEY can pick the venue--as long as its in my city. Police station, coffee shop, wherever. I think this eases their concerns and since I'm not trying to harm or take advantage of anyone, it's all good.

jacob-07

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
But I notice not many would buy the second hand iPads unless the price is low enough, perhaps like the prices gazelle.com offers. If iPad Mini 2 comes out in April, my iPad Mini is probably going to be just 5 months old and I have to sell them way below half the price I bought it so that people would buy? :(

a tip you can do is about a day before the keynote, setup an account with gazelle and "sell it" so you can lock up the initial price offer. if a new ipad mini is released after the keynote, the value of your old mini is sure to drop on gazelle.

NavySEAL6

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2006
Craig'slist has been great for me, especially if things are in good condition and you keep your original packaging

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.