Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millk18

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Finally! Preparing for shippment. Thought this day would never come! I ordered on 11/30 around 8am PST.

Way to go, fellow 11/30er! You have left the fold.

No news here in St. Louis Missouri from a 7:30am, 11:30er.

Watching for you, Brother Echomango.

Ordered online at 7:30am on November 30, St. Louis MO
27"/ 3.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 3TB Fusion Drive /GTX 680MX
Available to ship: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers Dec 24 - Dec 31 by Standard Shipping
Called and got shipping changed to Dec 20-27 via 2-3 day Business Days

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
So I was just told by an Apple supervisor that because of all the complaints about shipping on these new iMac's that they will start doing all orders like they do iphone orders no early shipping just hold orders in till your estimated shipping date, I hope this is not true because that would suck I'm happy to be getting my iMac a week early.

That would be utterly idiotic. You really don't want to give customers time to cancel their orders. I think the supervisor was just grumpy because we're all so.... grumpy.

Anyway, it looks like for the majority of us the saga is almost at an end. That's a good thing, right? What are we going to complain about when we all have our iMacs?! :mad:

Oooh I know! NO FIREWIRE PORT!? WTF!!!! I have to use a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter to get Firewire? UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Wait... what? No DVD drive? WTF?! How am I going to watch my wedding video for the first time since I got married 10 years ago?! HOW, damnit? Buy an external drive, you say? UNACCEPTABLE!!! It's NOT acceptable to complain about not having enough ports to attach things to when we don't want to sully our computers with attachments anyway, right?! :D :D. I only want to see one cable, and that's the power cable! *poking fun at ...those.... people...*

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Well ... those on the 12/11 9:10PM Anchorage flight ...

My tracking status just NOW updated with Import Scan in KY 30 minutes ago. So ... despite the UPS MY CHOICE eMail that it would be delivered today ... I guess it won't and will be Monday as the tracking info shows. :( :(

Must have been just joy-riding on the plane for the last few days!

Code:
Location	Date	Local Time	Activity
Louisville, KY, United States	 12/14/2012	 12:10 P.M.	Import Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States	 12/11/2012	 9:10 P.M.	Departure Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/12/2012	 5:12 A.M.	Departure Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/11/2012	 2:11 P.M.	Export Scan
Shanghai, China	 12/10/2012	 10:50 P.M.	Departure Scan
12/10/2012	 6:45 P.M.	Origin Scan
China	 12/10/2012	 7:21 A.M.	Order Processed: Ready for UPS

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
That would be utterly idiotic. You really don't want to give customers time to cancel their orders. I think the supervisor was just grumpy because we're all so.... grumpy.

Anyway, it looks like for the majority of us the saga is almost at an end. That's a good thing, right? What are we going to complain about when we all have our iMacs?! :mad:

Oooh I know! NO FIREWIRE PORT!? WTF!!!! I have to use a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter to get Firewire? UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Wait... what? No DVD drive? WTF?! How am I going to watch my wedding video for the first time since I got married 10 years ago?! HOW, damnit? Buy an external drive, you say? UNACCEPTABLE!!! It's NOT acceptable to complain about not having enough ports to attach things to when we don't want to sully our computers with attachments anyway, right?! :D :D. I only want to see one cable, and that's the power cable! *poking fun at ...those.... people...*
That was my thoughts exactly!:D

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
UPS arrival condition??

As more and more iMacs get delivered by UPS I, for one, would love to get feedback from the lucky receivers on the condition the packaging was in when it arrived.

As I said earlier, UPS packages are usually damaged when I get them. So here is hoping you (and I) all get them in pristine condition (like Fedex does them).

Let us know please! :apple::apple::apple:

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
So I was just told by an Apple supervisor that because of all the complaints about shipping on these new iMac's that they will start doing all orders like they do iphone orders no early shipping just hold orders in till your estimated shipping date, I hope this is not true because that would suck I'm happy to be getting my iMac a week early.

If they don't want complaints, then I think they should be doing FIFO. I want everyone to get their iMacs, but nobody likes to feel like they been skipped for no apparent reason.

Scrapula

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
As more and more iMacs get delivered by UPS I, for one, would love to get feedback from the lucky receivers on the condition the packaging was in when it arrived.

As I said earlier, UPS packages are usually damaged when I get them. So here is hoping you (and I) all get them in pristine condition (like Fedex does them).

Let us know please! :apple::apple::apple:

I've never had a damaged UPS package in my 56 years of life. I've had a few damaged by FedEx and also lost packages by FedEx. I think it is just luck of the draw.

Foxer

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2003
Washington, DC
So are the machines arriving in brown shipping boxes with the Apple box inside? I'd hate to think there will be a bid white box with a picture of an iMac sitting on my porch all day.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I don't want to bring the mood of the thread down, but that mass school shooting in Connecticut just now sure puts my iMac shipping status 'problems' into perspective.. Those poor kids
:(

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
So are the machines arriving in brown shipping boxes with the Apple box inside? I'd hate to think there will be a bid white box with a picture of an iMac sitting on my porch all day.

Everything from Apple always ships in a plain box. There will be no Apple markings on it

----------

Well ... those on the 12/11 9:10PM Anchorage flight ...

My tracking status just NOW updated with Import Scan in KY 30 minutes ago. So ... despite the UPS MY CHOICE eMail that it would be delivered today ... I guess it won't and will be Monday as the tracking info shows. :( :(

Must have been just joy-riding on the plane for the last few days!

Same thing, though mine just now updated to having departed Louisville after arriving there around 10:30am.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
I've never had a damaged UPS package in my 56 years of life. I've had a few damaged by FedEx and also lost packages by FedEx. I think it is just luck of the draw.

I don't doubt what you are saying, but it is NOT the luck of the draw. I get packages delivered almost weekly, and I can bank on it (and like you, I am old too-so been doing this a long time-oh wait, you are only 56! You are still young, whippersnapper. lol). I think it may be regional, however. You are lucky to live in beautiful Washington. The stress level on UPS drivers up there may be less than in hectic SoCal. But I see lots of complaints on this thread about UPS, so I don't think my experience is unique. It's probably the same for FedEx. Here they are usually very good about condition of packages and even early deliveries. They may not be as good in other areas. Frankly, I just think that UPS has overextended themselves over the years and their quality is slipping in a lot of places (but not in Washington).

Tonyren

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
New york
Everything from Apple always ships in a plain box. There will be no Apple markings on it

----------

Same thing, though mine just now updated to having departed Louisville after arriving there around 10:30am.

Is it possible to get a screenshot of your tracking page? I think I'm in the same batch but no updates but "Import Scan" after leaving Alaska for three days :(

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
If they don't want complaints, then I think they should be doing FIFO. I want everyone to get their iMacs, but nobody likes to feel like they been skipped for no apparent reason.

I couldn't agree more just passing along what I was told.

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
Is it possible to get a screenshot of your tracking page? I think I'm in the same batch but no updates but "Import Scan" after leaving Alaska for three days :(

Code:
Location Date Local Time Activity 
Louisville, KY, United States  12/14/2012  1:09 P.M.  Departure Scan  
 12/14/2012  10:37 A.M.  Import Scan  
Anchorage, AK, United States  12/11/2012  9:10 P.M.  Departure Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/12/2012  5:12 A.M.  Departure Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/11/2012  1:56 P.M.  Export Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/10/2012  10:50 P.M.  Departure Scan  
 12/10/2012  6:41 P.M.  Origin Scan  
China  12/10/2012  7:23 A.M.  Order Processed: Ready for UPS

As you can see, it took 3 days to go from departing Alaska to arriving in KY

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Is anybody on their way out of Shenghai like me and not knowing where you're going next? I am on the west coast and have a Monday delivery date hoping they'll fulfill that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 80

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
Is anybody on their way out of Shenghai like me and not knowing where you're going next? I am on the west coast and have a Monday delivery date hoping they'll fulfill that.

if it was on the anchorage flight, it should land around 3:45PM ET and will get scanned soon after

draculaxxx

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2012
Does it still show that it will deliver on Monday? You must live on east coast or mid west?
I live in NYC. Around noon I got a notification that its in Kentucky. I also called UPS to arrange for a customer pickup as I don't want it left in front if my building.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 88

Tonyren

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
New york
UPS is ridiculous

UPS may not be the worst all the time. But for my batch, ********* ridiculous! I was upgraded to next day shipping and look, it is still in Kentucky after leaving Alaska for three days. Were you biking with my imac, UPS? It was scheduled to be delivered today and just now it changed to Monday. I called UPS and they told me to call apple if it doesn't arrive by Tuesday. Now, what the hell does that suppose to mean?

It is ok if the order took a long while to build because of the popular demand. but it was built a week ago. It is not ok if a next day shipping end up taking more than a week and telling me "if it doesnt arrive by tuesday". the problem is not that im too eager to see my new imac. the problem is to give me hope and just screw with me and take up ridiculous time to have it delivered. It is really worth it to have paid the $30 and not getting it delivered by UPS. wtf. Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.