Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
Mine has shipped!

Got the email about an hour ago. Woo!

Delivery on or before 21/12. Excited!

That's 7 days sooner than the original date, and before Christmas. Long week coming up while I wait.

Buugger, just landed in: Warsaw, Poland 14/12/2012 19:05 Arrival Scan (6 minutes ago)

So seeing as it's coming east to west with the sun, in one very long day it left China at 5am this morning and has since travelled China to Korea, Korea to Khazakhstan, Khazakhstan to Poland.

Are we on a roll? Will it continue tonight to Köln/Bonn?

And... it's off again... :)

Warsaw, Poland 14/12/2012 21:13 Departure Scan

I reckon it's on UPS 11 (aka 5X11) headed for Köln, see http://www.flightradar24.com/

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Do they work on getting orders prepared for shipping over the weekend? Or shall I just put the refreshing on ice for a couple of days.

funlad

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
London. UK
Do they work on getting orders prepared for shipping over the weekend? Or shall I just put the refreshing on ice for a couple of days.

I was just about to ask the same…! I expect that weekends do not exist at Foxconn..!? :(:D

----------

Mine has shipped!

Got the email about an hour ago. Woo!

Delivery on or before 21/12. Excited!

That's 7 days sooner than the original date, and before Christmas. Long week coming up while I wait.

When did you order and what was your original expected delivery window!?

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
We're gonna be on the same plane!!!! You're going to be on the seat infront! Mines ending up in Liverpool, I see yours is Manchester ^^
Shanghai, China 14/12/2012 23:55 Export Scan
14/12/2012 18:00 Arrival Scan
14/12/2012 14:29 Departure Scan
14/12/2012 13:02 Origin Scan
China 14/12/2012 23:16 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

If our orders are following the previous EU orders, we might see some movement again soon.

It is 5:10am in Shanghai, and previous ones made their 2nd Shanghai Departure Scan (the one after the Export Scan) at 5:02 and 5:39am.

ericbreiter

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
Anyone believing that Apple follows the first in, first out principle should pay attention to this.

My friend and I live in the same town in Sweden ten minutes from each other and we ordered the exact same specification: 27" 3.2GHz i5 3TB Fusion 680MX 8GB with AppleCare and education discount. My order was in two minutes after AppleStore went up on Friday 30th. Due to a trip his order was not in until early morning Sunday 2nd. His is now preparing for shipment, mine is processing. Nice one, Apple.

BjornvS

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2012
The Netherlands
Same for me, my original delivery was for the week before, but the delivery date was pushed back to Jan 2-7 because I had to wait for the money to transfer. That didn't happen until the next day (Sat) even though I was told it would take up to 2 working days. I had phoned Apple Friday evening they told me this wouldn't effect my delivery dates - but it did!

Kinda sucks, but oh well, Christmas will be fun anyway. And surely it should make it over before the end of the year, right... :confused:

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
Anyone believing that Apple follows the first in, first out principle should pay attention to this.

My friend and I live in the same town in Sweden ten minutes from each other and we ordered the exact same specification: 27" 3.2GHz i5 3TB Fusion 680MX 8GB with AppleCare and education discount. My order was in two minutes after AppleStore went up on Friday 30th. Due to a trip his order was not in until early morning Sunday 2nd. His is now preparing for shipment, mine is processing. Nice one, Apple.

Yeah that stinks. Kinda feel sort of wrongly treated. Sadly though, Apple hasn't done anything "wrong" per se as long as they ship in between the 2-3 weeks delivery as they promised when you ordered. Everything else is just luck...or bad luck in your situation I guess :( But I know how it feels. It wasn't fun on thursday seeing the order still processing when others posted pictures of their imac entering their house all ready.

Every time I refresh my status page I close my eyes and hope that it will change. No changes since Dec 3rd. It is so disappointing... :mad:

Bear in mind it took just one day for my system to get from Shanghai to Warsaw. You could still get yours sometime next week. ;)

PS: UPS 11 is 40km from Köln and steadily descending, now at 3000m.

His is now preparing for shipment, mine is processing. Nice one, Apple.
Yes, but neither has actually shipped, so you might yet find that they end up on the same flight. That would be good.

skyenet

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Near Glasgow - Scotland
UPS 11 is 40km from Köln and steadily descending, now at 3000m.

To join a load of iMacs that seem to have been sitting there for nearly a full day now :confused:

(Koeln, Germany 13/12/2012 23:39 Import Scan)

However still: In Transit: on Time
Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 17/12/2012, By End of Day

So that's Ok

And... it's off again... :)
Warsaw, Poland 14/12/2012 21:13 Departure Scan
I reckon it's on UPS 11 (aka 5X11) headed for Köln, see http://www.flightradar24.com/

I watched UPS11 land at 2159. I don't know how they managed it so quickly but...
Koeln, Germany 14/12/2012 23:03 Arrival Scan

In 4 minutes they couldn't even have taxied to the bonded warehouse, so I reckon the boxes weren't physically scanned, but rather that they used the codes stored when the boxes were scanned at departure.

With a bit of luck my system will hang on the coattails of Skyenet's and will arrive Monday.

Edit: just after midnight another 'scan' came through, presumably for customs entry into the EU. I guess this one was physical...
Koeln, Germany 15/12/2012 1:01 Import Scan

Last edited:

theredone7

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
So my iMac order, placed 2PM on the 30th which changed status to preparing for shipment this morning has now been shipped. The bizarre thing is the carrier name shows as Syncreon Technology, one I have never heard of before. The estimated delivery date on the tracking screen shows as the 21st, whereas originally it quoted 27th-28th and the Apple email states delivery to be made on or before the 27th.

However it doesn't appear as though you can track the delivery step by step. Hopefully someone can advise me otherwise!

lucasfunkt

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012

I wonder if it has anything to do with apple communicating with our banks/credit card companies, if you both paid the same way with the same banks and the same amount of money in each account that would be very strange.

Just a theory though, otherwise I can't understand it, it should be first come first served.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
I was just about to ask the same…! I expect that weekends do not exist at Foxconn..!? :(:D

----------

When did you order and what was your original expected delivery window!?

Originally ordered at 08:25 on the 30th, right after the store went live. Was originally quoted 27-28th December for delivery.

Went to "preparing to ship" on Thursday at about 11am (UK time) then received the "shipped" email at exactly 18:00 today.

It looks like they're a full week ahead of their estimates, at least for those who ordered on day 1. Good luck to those still waiting.

Phils01

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
So my iMac order, placed 2PM on the 30th which changed status to preparing for shipment this morning has now been shipped. The bizarre thing is the carrier name shows as Syncreon Technology, one I have never heard of before. The estimated delivery date on the tracking screen shows as the 21st, whereas originally it quoted 27th-28th and the Apple email states delivery to be made on or before the 27th.

However it doesn't appear as though you can track the delivery step by step. Hopefully someone can advise me otherwise!

I'm exactly the same m8 - I've been on the same shipping status for 2 days - I can track mine using - http://www.expeditors.com/

Kirk

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2004
Norway
When did it ship? How come you got such an early delivery date? I got 4th and I'm in your neighbor country.

My delivery date is on the 19. It shipped yesterday. You will probably get it next week as well.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.