Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcappo

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
It wasn't even that price on Black Friday.

I could see it being the 3rd gen iPad going from $429 to $399. But, I don't get why they aren't advertising the 32GB or 64GB proce more, those are the ones I would think people would buy.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Is this confirmed for today for the $100 off. I'm walking into Wal Mart as soon as I get out of work if this is true...

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Is this confirmed for today for the $100 off. I'm walking into Wal Mart as soon as I get out of work if this is true...

So far no one here has been able to confirm it. Those who have actually gone to Walmart found that there is no knowledge of the sale.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
So far I haven't been able to find any confirmation that iPad 4 is on sale for that price. I hope it turns out to be true because then I'll definitely get one as that's a great price.

rlu929s

macrumors regular
May 17, 2011
Note that this is only for personal accounts. I tried to upgrade my work phone last night at BB and the retailers can't do business upgrades.

SAD Verizon and ATT!

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Oh I guess the iPhone 5 must not be selling well if WalMart has to discount it :rolleyes:

/end sarcastic mocking of some posters logic when discussing Samsung's Galaxy series, etc

Hey people will turn anything into FUD these days. :D

I'll say again Walmart discounting iPhone means nothing. If it was AT&T, Verizon or the Apple Store turn people would have something to talk about.

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
See and its because of companies like this that everyone and their mother has an iPhone. Miss the days when the iPhone cost you a pretty penny.

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
Checked this out before I started work...at my walmart it is at the normal 499, will update if changed after I finish cashiering.

ronf129

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
doh!

I just this morning put in an order for the ipad 4 wifi at Apple.com. Too late to cancel. Anyone know if they charge a restocking fee if I return without opening?

renegad3

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
WalMart's Web site says that all iPhone 5's are $50 off with a contract. There's also a disclaimer that says individual promotions and availability may vary from store to store. There's no reference to the $127 sale. If you do a search, all the results are for this same news flash, which has been posted at various sites. Has anyone actually gotten this deal? I wonder if it's an erroneous story that's just been posted and reposted.

$127 for iPhone I can confirm. iPad I cannot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 216

Newton70

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
Apple stock even at $500 is worth more than Google/Microsoft combined. It is got a lot of room to fall once Apple loses the ability to command a premium.

I don't believe Android products are better (except the huge screen factor, Apple is too stubborn and a lot of us switched away from iPhone for screen size issue alone), but with the price of Nexus 4/7, Google is forcing everyone to lower prices to compete. The difference is Google doesn't need profit on hardware to win, once Apple loses the profit margin they will get wrecked.

Sorry Apple fans I really believe Apple stock value will be very similar to Google/Microsoft three years from now, and that is a 50% drop vs the current valuations . . .

What sort of bizarro math are you using?! Apple has a current forward P/E ratio similar to Microsoft at around 8.5 (which is crazy low...except Apple's future is currently brighter than ), while Google is at 15. Factor in the fact that Apple pays a 2% dividend while Google pays none, and Apple stock is technically a very good buy. Heck, if you run the numbers and assume that Apple growth stays flat from here on out, it should still be priced higher than it is now.

spring

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
Bergen County, NJ
I just this morning put in an order for the ipad 4 wifi at Apple.com. Too late to cancel. Anyone know if they charge a restocking fee if I return without opening?
Why would you order from Apple? Even without this Walmart Deal, Target is offering it for 499 plus a $50 target gift card. Microcenter also has the iPad 4 for 459. I was able to price match at target so I bought mine a couple days ago for $459 and got a $50 target gift card.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Why would you order from Apple? Even without this Walmart Deal, Target is offering it for 499 plus a $50 target gift card. Microcenter also has the iPad 4 for 459. I was able to price match at target so I bought mine a couple days ago for $459 and got a $50 target gift card.

It would be nice if the Apple Store would match Target and give you a $50 iTunes card, or match Microcenter's price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.