Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Opening apps
Setting quick reminders
Pulling up fast google searches
Getting addresses and street locations
Finding out when a certain sports game is on

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
can you guys give examples of how you would text with it ? im not sure as to how to tell it to send something. if your driving you have to unlock the screen then hold the button down then what ? "text jeff, hello on my way" ?

AbhiKap55

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
What do you use Siri for most often? How often do you use her?

Quite Honestly, I use Siri for just about everything. From simple calculations for my Math Homework to stuff like "How old is Barrack Obama" and "Will it rain tomorrow?" Personally, I think Siri is one of the awesomest parts of iDevices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bugeyeblue

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Quite Honestly, I use Siri for just about everything. From simple calculations for my Math Homework to stuff like "How old is Barrack Obama" and "Will it rain tomorrow?" Personally, I think Siri is one of the awesomest parts of iDevices.

This is fishy....

Last edited by a moderator:

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Among things already posted, setting a timer via Siri is pretty handy. For example, if your cooking and your hands are messy (but at least one clean finger) just tell her to set the timer for whatever you're cooking.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
Ive seen people on Youtube talking to her and asking her questions... like

Where do I hide a body?
What is the meaning of life?
What is your favorite color?
Where were you born?
Do you want to be jailbroken?
Will you marry me?

She has an answer for everything

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
I used to think Siri was completely useless. Then I tried very simple things like looking up and dialing phone numbers to local businesses or checking sports scores and schedules for upcoming games. Worked extremely well and was much faster than going into the browser and finding this information manually.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Reminders
Find and get directions
Reminders
Calling contacts while driving
Reminders

Did I forget to mention reminders?

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Siri is a useless gimmick and can only be used for fun.

It takes so long to look things up or do anything, you can click a few buttons and do the same job in half the time.

Feels like it was tagged on just because others were doing similar things.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Scheduling calender events
Setting reminders
Setting timer
Setting alarm
Reading back texts / iMessages
Sending texts / iMessages
Launching songs, albums or playlists
Launching apps
Asking it silly questions to entertain the kids

Didn't know I could use her to play music. Just tried it and I like this.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I used siri only once. Took 3 or 4 tries to get it to play the correct album. That's all the testing I needed.

sixteen12

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
Siri is a useless gimmick and can only be used for fun.

It takes so long to look things up or do anything, you can click a few buttons and do the same job in half the time.

Feels like it was tagged on just because others were doing similar things.

Not really. Reminders are way faster with Siri. Example workflow:

Siri: Hold home button -- doot doot -- Remind me to pick up laundry in 35 minutes -- "Okay here is your reminder" -- Click confirm -- phone back in pocket total time 5 seconds

Touch: click home button -- swipe to unlock -- scroll to reminders app -- click new reminder button -- type pick up laundry -- edit reminder-- change time to be 35 minutes from now -- click accept -- close app -- phone in pocket total time 60 seconds.

Also while driving its nice to click the home button and say "Call___" or "Play Artist___" or whatever.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Football/Baseball standings, scores, game schedules. Text entry. Weather. Show the 3 remaining people left on the planet who Don't know what Siri is.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I asked her when the world would end, and she showed Dec 21, 2012.

Seriously, for directions and reminders.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.