Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queenredspecial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
I accepted the upgrade, and am generally regretting it -- for my needs, it really wasn't necessary, and I preferred the old interface -- but this ONE thing I cannot stand. How can the mini player NOT show you what song is playing, unless you click on the little arrow?! That, if you'll forgive the expression, is retarded!

Does anyone know a way around it? I use the mini player all the time while I work. I like to glance at it and see who is playing, without having to click on it every damn time.

Either that or... Can anyone direct me in how to go back to the previous version of iTunes?

Thank you!

Reactions: sedaray

NogbadTheBad

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Move your mouse over the mini player and them continue what your doing.

Seems to work fine on iTunes 11.0.1, maybe it was fixed a few days ago.

Queenredspecial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
Move your mouse over the mini player and them continue what your doing.

Thank you... Tried it already. It shows only at the beginning of the song.

I would really like to switch back to 10.7 (or whatever was the latest.) Does anyone know how to do that?

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
iTunes 11 has MAJOR issues - this sounds like it's one of them. Just got to live with it till an update.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Thank you... Tried it already. It shows only at the beginning of the song.

I would really like to switch back to 10.7 (or whatever was the latest.) Does anyone know how to do that?

For me this also didn't work in 11.0 but it is now working in 11.0.1. Have you updated yet?

Queenredspecial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
For me this also didn't work in 11.0 but it is now working in 11.0.1. Have you updated yet?

Updating right now... Let's hope. If it doesn't work, I'm ditching it. I don't like this iTunes at all. I don't understand why they don't just change the things that would be BETTER. Why do they have to change EVERYTHING?! Ugh.

So, if anyone can help me with uninstalling iTunes 11, I would be very grateful. I got 10.7 downloaded, but can't install it while 11 is in. And I am not terribly savvy with such things, I don't want to mess up my baby. :)

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Updating right now... Let's hope. If it doesn't work, I'm ditching it. I don't like this iTunes at all. I don't understand why they don't just change the things that would be BETTER. Why do they have to change EVERYTHING?! Ugh.

So, if anyone can help me with uninstalling iTunes 11, I would be very grateful. I got 10.7 downloaded, but can't install it while 11 is in. And I am not terribly savvy with such things, I don't want to mess up my baby. :)

It will work in 11.0.1. This was one of a couple of bugs I had that were corrected with the update. While change is always hard this is a much improved and streamlined iTunes and will only get better. By 11.2 you will never want to see 10.x again.

You have converted your music library to 11. So to go back to 10.x you will have to use TM and restore everything (iTunes, music library and all support files).

NogbadTheBad

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2009
United Kingdom

Part of iTunes 11.0.1 update summary :-

New MiniPlayer. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what's playing, MiniPlayer now includes album art, adds Up Next, and makes it easy to search for something new to play—all from a smaller and more elegant design.

Queenredspecial

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
It will work in 11.0.1. This was one of a couple of bugs I had that were corrected with the update. While change is always hard this is a much improved and streamlined iTunes and will only get better. By 11.2 you will never want to see 10.x again.

You have converted your music library to 11. So to go back to 10.x you will have to use TM and restore everything (iTunes, music library and all support files).

Part of iTunes 11.0.1 update summary :-

New MiniPlayer. You can now do a whole lot more with a lot less space. In addition to showing what's playing, MiniPlayer now includes album art, adds Up Next, and makes it easy to search for something new to play—all from a smaller and more elegant design.

Yes, it did that. Thank GOD! :) Now I can imagine getting used to it.

One thing that really bugs me is that I have to choose how to look at my library -- the division between "artists," "albums," etc... I liked the old layout, where I can drag and drop anything anywhere, and it's all there, and really easy to navigate. This way, I find it really annoying to make playlists! Is the only way to add stuff to a playlist to rightclick it?

(Thank you for helping me with this, kind stranger. You have no idea how much it bugs me when things change needlessly -- I have no time to deal with this stuff. I appreciate your time.) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.