Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Potus

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2002
Hmmm, Let's See

I actually have very small hands. My best friend has only one arm. Another friend has MS. We love the size of the iPhone. There is no reason for anyone not liking the size of the iPhone to buy one. As has been said, there are phones of every size; just go and get one. Don't post on how the iPhone is the wrong size. Your opinion is simply your opinion and worth every dime I paid to get it, which is to say, nothing.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Not my problem if you don't like the momentum effect. Sheep following sheep is just another way of saying that people were buying the iPhone 5 because others around them were, just like with Windows 7.

It's your problem when you don't use logic and reason. Instead you base your judgement on assumtions. But then, you think everyone is sheeple, except you, of course.

Random 995K

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2012
The OP is a troll. Who buys a 4 inch phone wanting a bigger sized one immediately. Go with the phablet and enjoy your life.

Performance wise the Iphone 5 is still the king and yes i am including the note 2's battery life despite it being 3 times larger xD

It's quite hilarious how google have absolutely no idea on optimisation.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6386/samsung-galaxy-note-2-review-t-mobile-/4

EDIT: Couldn't help but to add this, http://www.anandtech.com/show/6386/samsung-galaxy-note-2-review-t-mobile-/3

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
The number of Android trolls on here is incredible.

I had a Galaxy Note 2 but returned it and stuck with my iPhone 5. The Note is a fine device. Battery life is great, runs really smoothly. Pretty impressive. But it's just not as easy to use as my iPhone. And the damn thing is way too big. I don't mind other people staring at me when I'm using it, but I do dislike the lack of usability because of the size. That and I feel like as large as the screen is, it's still too small to be a satisfying tablet.

I would be interested to see what Apple could do with a device of that size though. They're much better at usability design.

teejaysyke

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2012
If they released a 4.5" iPhone. It could theoretically be perfect. Keep a 4" model for the people that don't need larger phones. While pleasing the people with a large phone that isn't TOO large.

Hell even a 4.8" iPhone would be awesome. The retina displays would be amazing, and it could seriously compete with Android.

ericgedi77

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2011
Not my problem if you don't like the momentum effect. Sheep following sheep is just another way of saying that people were buying the iPhone 5 because others around them were, just like with Windows 7.

My reason for buying an iPhone vs the other choices has nothing to do with being a sheep. It's a personnel choice I made based on what I like, so you can take your 2 bit opinion and flush it!

Your purpose for being here is to be an ass and start an argument. Congrats you've accomplished your goals using stupidity and illogical reasoning.

Yay you, your special!

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
Yeah im using my iPhone 5 because i am hypnotized by Apple... No i just love the combination of the sleek sexy looking phone, how well the software works and how fast it does things, and how nice the software looks as a whole. Has the iOS become a little stale over the years? Sure, but iOS 7 will be a huge drastic update so i am not worried

Browns2212

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
Orchard Park, NY
Yeah im using my iPhone 5 because i am hypnotized by Apple... No i just love the combination of the sleek sexy looking phone, how well the software works and how fast it does things, and how nice the software looks as a whole. Has the iOS become a little stale over the years? Sure, but iOS 7 will be a huge drastic update so i am not worried

Not only that, but I don't "need" my operating system/phone to do a million things.

I've only been using iOS since March, when I got an iPad 2. I've already seen one update (to iOS 6). So, I don't really look at it as being stale because it's fairly new to me coming from Gingerbread.

I like iOS. It's simple, quick, and I just like the "look" of the whole thing. Not sure why, I just think it looks good and have enjoyed both my iPad 2 and iPhone 5. Actually, just bought an iPad Retina Display for my family for X-Mas and and iPod Touch (4th Gen) for my son for X- Mas. Also, my wife is due for an upgrade early in January and she wants to get the iPhone 5 because she likes mine.

raf66

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
So you bought a 4" phone when there were several other, larger-screen phones on the market (many of which were cheaper) and then complaint about the screen size of the phone YOU CHOSE TO PURCHASE? And WE'RE the sheep?!

Um, ok.

I guess I'll never understand these kids (whether they're actually kids or adults who behave like kids, doesn't matter) who come to forums dedicated to iPhones and extol the virtues of another brand of phone. Isn't there an Android-centric forum you could visit? Sounds like you've got too much time on your hands.

Sheesh. Trolls.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I'm curious what makes you think that iOS 7 will be a drastic change?

Well not drastic but Jony Ivy is defitnetly going to switch the UI up and change things around and add critical things like (quick settings, redisgned homescreen and apps and etc ) while keeping the simplicity intack

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Well not drastic but Jony Ivy is defitnetly going to switch the UI up and change things around and add critical things like (quick settings, redisgned homescreen and apps and etc ) while keeping the simplicity intack

I wish I was as optimistic as you. Hopefully you're right.

nickchallis92

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2012
London
OP is ga-ga over stylus.

I remember the palms, the PDAs, people lose their stylus, this was 20 years ago, then they disappeared. I think there must be a reason.

Ha! Another reason why the Note 2 is brilliant, it tells you when you've left your stylus behind!

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
What does this have to do with anything? Hold your Phone directly before your eyes: above 300ppi you can't see any pixels and on such a small screen you cannot tell the difference between 720p, 1080p 4k or whatever. The TVs were meant as examples to show that even on screens way beyond 4"/5"/6" it is not possible to tell whether you have a 1080p video or 720p one. At the end, it's all down to pixel density and you can have a gazilion ppi and you still wouldn't be able to relish them all. ;)

I don't know about you but I can most definitely see the pixels. It's not bad, especially from a distance, but they are most certainly visible.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009

You have absolutely no way of knowing that. Merely guessing at this stage. I do however hope that you are right. iOS needs refreshing.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
All i am saying is that the iPhone just needs a simple refresh on the software side for it to boom again... I think iOS7 will deliver

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was Jony Ive was responsible for the design elements of iOS now (i.e. aesthetics) while overall responsibility of iOS fall to Eddy Cue. I'd say most of the complaints regarding iOS fall under the 'function' side and if what I understand is true, Jony won't have any impact on this. And while I'd like to see increased ability to customize the home screen/lock screen, I'd much rather see Apple open up iOS to allow for some of the flexibility of Android (choosing a different app for a function, i.e browser, ability to share content with any app you've installed, access to the file system) and really don't expect to see it happen. :(

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I wish I was as optimistic as you. Hopefully you're right.

I think the better question is why do people think iOS will be better off in Jony's hands.

I'd like to think so, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hardware design is not the same as user interface and user experience development.

I don't give a damn about replacing skeuomorphism. That does nothing to progress glance and go capabilities, or bolster interaction elements.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA

Oh boy, a stylus!

When you think outside the box, innovate, and be creative, yes, a stylus.

bg_container.jpg

----------

Now enjoy and good riddance

Its comments like this that give apple users a bad name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.