Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasheeky

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
As the title states, my phone won't play videos in landscape orientation when viewing from Facebook. It doesn't matter what the source of the video is (espn, YouTube, etc)

Anyone else have this issue? I removed Facebook and downloaded app again, however that did not work.

ichabodkky

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
The app for the phone doesn't support any landscape. Does your newsfeed go to landscape? Didn't think so.......

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I noticed the same thing recently. I think what it is, is when a YouTube video is posted on FB it supports landscape. Any other video plays in portrait. And I may be 100% wrong, but I could swear I watched some landscape videos via FB recently.

jasheeky

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2009
The app for the phone doesn't support any landscape. Does your newsfeed go to landscape? Didn't think so.......

Wow... you must be as stupid as they come. Do you always speak retard?

----------

I noticed the same thing recently. I think what it is, is when a YouTube video is posted on FB it supports landscape. Any other video plays in portrait. And I may be 100% wrong, but I could swear I watched some landscape videos via FB recently.

I know it's broken because they was a video I watched on FB that went to landscape mode. After I noticed it stopped working, I went back to that same video link that my friend posted and confirmed the broken functionality. The video that was previously viewed in landscape was now stuck in portrait.

kmpoboy2

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Alabama
It's not broken, Facebook dropped landscape support back in the 5.0 update I believe, to be able to speed up the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.