Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjinsjca

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2008
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, by Gene Autry, on a 6" 78RPM wax record.

I was afraid someone might nominate that.

That's a horrible song.

First, it has nothing to do with Christmas. It obfuscates and trivializes the meaning of the holiday.

But mostly, it sends a really twisted message: someone different gets pointed-at and ridiculed until through some fluke they find favor with Authority, and "then all the reindeer loved him."

Pure evil, that song. Think about it.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Don't have a single favorite. But I do like Winter Wonder Land, I'll be home for Christmas, and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer... among others. :)

luffy259

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
Christmas!

I love all christmas song but I my favorite is when singing of "we wish you a merry christmas" :p

macs4nw

macrumors 601
I heard this rock-swing version of Jingle Bells back in the early nineties, it was awesome, a real up-tempo song. It was called Swinging Bells or Swingle Bells or something like that. I've searched high and low for it, and although there are numerous songs by that name floating around, I haven't been able to locate that particular song; it was a really fast version. If any of you know or remember that song, I would love you to tell me the exact title and artist.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
I heard this rock-swing version of Jingle Bells back in the early nineties, it was awesome, a real up-tempo song. It was called Swinging Bells or Swingle Bells or something like that. I've searched high and low for it, and although there are numerous songs by that name floating around, I haven't been able to locate that particular song; it was a really fast version. If any of you know or remember that song, I would love you to tell me the exact title and artist.

Brian Setzer did something similar. Check it out here.

He also has an instrumental version. In fact, that entire "Merry Axemas" album is wonderful. I love it, and I usually can't stand Christmas music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.