Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sv2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Hello,

I have an iPhone 4S, and I've run into a problem. I've deleted a few of my contacts off my contacts list, yet when I enter the "new message" section, their names + phone numbers still appear. However, if I write their names into the "Search iPhone" field, they do not appear since I deleted them.

How do I delete the old contacts off my phone for good? I found nothing about it in the Settings/ Mail, Contacts, Calendars section.

sv2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
700 views and nobody has had this issue? Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Anyway, you can see in my contacts that I only have 1 contact for the letter C.

11btcnl.png

Yet when I go to write a new message, a whole bunch of contacts I previously had (which I have since deleted) still appear.

2mnm8ao.png

So how do I solve this?

sv2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
Yes, I was able to fix it. What I did was just format my iphone to erase everything, than re-sync it to itunes + get my contacts back (not recover from a backup).

Hope that helps.

daudi

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Yes, I was able to fix it. What I did was just format my iphone to erase everything, than re-sync it to itunes + get my contacts back (not recover from a backup).

Hope that helps.

if you are jailbroken, then u can easily delete the contact list by going into var/mobile/library/addressbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.