Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whooshbong

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
this has probably been asked some where else but thought id ask again

waiting for my new shiny imac in order to make the switch from pc. my query relates to email management.

historically i used outlook on my pc to do this. with the rise of smart phones i tend to rely on that these days. i have several accounts hotmail gmail mainly and uni. i keep one for personal and one for websites and eshopping etc.

i have an ipad and getting wife and iipad mini for christmas. i'm aso likely to get an iphone early in the new year when my current contract expires (currently android).

what is my best solution for keeping emails synced and nice and neat.

cheers

jkromero

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
default Mail application

if your using Outlook, then the default mac mail (Mail - in apps dir) should work just as well. works just like the mail app on ipad/iphone reads webmail, pop, imap etc.. no problems

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Always keep in mind that "best" is highly subjective no matter what the topic. It's no different with email and we'd need details on all your email accounts to give you recommendations.

Gmail can be set up as IMAP. Hotmail can not. No idea on your university account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.