Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leerkeller

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore, MD
I just downloaded and installed itunes 11.0.1 and the icon didn't change. In all of the iTunes 11 reviews that I have come across they mention the new icon, and when I click About iTunes in the menu bar I see the new icon. I know how to right click iTunes to get info and change the icon, but I can't seem to find a place to download it. Any suggestions?

jvpython

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2011
New Zealand
I just downloaded and installed itunes 11.0.1 and the icon didn't change. In all of the iTunes 11 reviews that I have come across they mention the new icon, and when I click About iTunes in the menu bar I see the new icon. I know how to right click iTunes to get info and change the icon, but I can't seem to find a place to download it. Any suggestions?

Are you talking about the icon in the dock? Try to reboot your computer maybe

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
California

remove / add the iTunes from your dock.

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
California

OR, go to terminal and write

sudo rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Dock.plist

killall Dock

note that this will reset all your dock settings.

leerkeller

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore, MD
It never changed automatically for me either. Just drag it out of your dock, then drag the one from your Applications folder into its place.

The icon in the applications folder is the old version as well. Nothing changed when I removed it from the dock and then put it back.

leerkeller

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore, MD
attachment.php

Attachments

• itunes icon.jpg
    itunes icon.jpg
    779.7 KB · Views: 794

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Are you sure that iTunes installed correctly and that you're actually using iTunes 11?

You could try highlighting the icon on the Get Info screen and pressing the delete key and see what happens.

Did you try rebooting like suggested above?

leerkeller

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore, MD
Are you sure that iTunes installed correctly and that you're actually using iTunes 11?

You could try highlighting the icon on the Get Info screen and pressing the delete key and see what happens.

Did you try rebooting like suggested above?

Yes it is version 11, and it was installed correctly.
attachment.php

I mentioned a few posts back that I know how to do the get info/cut & paste thing, but that it wouldn't work because the old icon shows up in the get info window.
attachment.php

I was hoping someone could give me a download link or point me towards a site that has a copy of the new iTunes 11 icon that can be used to paste and replace as described above.

Attachments

• aboutitunes11.jpg
    aboutitunes11.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 1,700
  • GetInfoWindow.jpg
    GetInfoWindow.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 510
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.