Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
I'm sorry if this is in the incorrect topic but I don't know where to place my query.

I am looking for software that captures streaming video and then you can copy it to a DVD-r?

for pc's people have something called Video Capture 6 and I would like to know what do we have for Mac that does what this software does.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
So I had 555 lookers at this post and no one knows how to capture a youtube video?

is this not the place and if it's not please show me which thread I may place my question under so I can obtain some help. Pretty please.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
The simple reason people are not replying to your thread is you are asking a question which you can find on the internet.
If you stated what equipment you have or set up one could guide you. Have you got PC or Mac and if it is Mac what set up ?????????????? also Mac has facilities to burn DVD's.:apple:

Nov 28, 2010
located
You could use KeepVid, or you could use ClickToFlash, or you could use Safari's Activity window, or you could use ClipGrab, and all of these are free.

And to make a video DVD:

How to burn a video DVD in [URL="http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html"]Burn[/URL]:
example below uses an .avi file, but it can also be applied to an .mp4 or .mov file

BURN_video-dvd_1.png

BURN_video-dvd_2.png

BURN_video-dvd_3.png

BURN_video-dvd_4.png

All found via a simple search, but then again, who does that.

tytbody

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
The simple reason people are not replying to your thread is you are asking a question which you can find on the internet.
If you stated what equipment you have or set up one could guide you. Have you got PC or Mac and if it is Mac what set up ?????????????? also Mac has facilities to burn DVD's.:apple:

I did and do not know I am to state I have a MacBook Pro
I do not know where to find answers for my MacBook Pro that is why I was lead to macrumors to help with my apple product. I do not only want to capture you tube but anything that is streaming on the computer.

The PCM people have video capture and I wanted to know what we have for Mac people.

----------

Thank you slim. I'm not techno savvy and when and if you do find these things for me it is better to find people that have what I have so they know what works and what is a waste of time. It's not that I don't want to e
Search, I'm trying to find what is best by asking the people that low all about Mac. The people in the apple store don't want you to know about these software s because I guess hey are not supported by apple to capture products that are streaming video or video that is on net Felix and yo can then capture while it is being viewed I do appreciate the help. I'm a first year Mac user

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thank you slim. I'm not techno savvy and when and if you do find these things for me it is better to find people that have what I have so they know what works and what is a waste of time. It's not that I don't want to e
Search, I'm trying to find what is best by asking the people that low all about Mac. The people in the apple store don't want you to know about these software s because I guess hey are not supported by apple to capture products that are streaming video or video that is on net Felix and yo can then capture while it is being viewed I do appreciate the help. I'm a first year Mac user

Does that mean, that the links I posted and the applications I linked to are not helpful for you? Do you want an Apple approved way of doing what you want?

It is fairly easy to use ClipGrab, you copy the link from the YouTube video (and some other supported websites, not all are supported) via going to the address bar of your browser (CMD+L) and copying the address via CMD+C, then you open ClipGrab and ClipGrab will automatically insert the address you copied, then you select what you want to (audio only, or video (standard)) download, what quality you want (if available, not everything on YouTube is HD or even 480p (SD), and then you press "Grab this clip" and then you get to select where to store the video (Desktop is probably the standard).
Then it downloads and after it has finished you have an .mp4 file you can play with almost any player.

For burning a video DVD, follow the images I posted.

If that does not help, then I am probably a bit lost.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search or MRoogle to find similar threads while you wait for more answers:

Last edited:

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Your Mac should have DVD software and iMovie. Then in your Mac you have a section called "HELP". Which should get you started with burning DVD's. Unless i'm reading your thread wrong???????.:apple:

tytbody

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
4 seasons
Just did clip grab Slim. It worked GREAT!!!! now I will learn how to burn this to a dvd. I'm very happy That was really a easy to use program. So easy I thought I wasn't doing something correctly.

Now to my next project.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.