Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
So what's everybody doing about back plates? I'm kinda bored with my ebony wood back and would like something else. But it would have to be a shade of black or grey or white or something along those lines. And I don't want just a skin, I like to have the back be a bit thicker so that the edges of the sector 5 don't scratch when I put the phone down, but instead the back of the phone touches.

I'm kinda disappointed that Element hasn't started selling any parts for the cases yet. They said the Sector 5 would be modular and allow us to change out parts and stuff for other colors and accessories. Seems like we're not going to see that for awhile.

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
They can go ahead and ship my case any time now haha this is gonna be annoying.

Anyone with prior to Dec 13 ship dates still not getting tracking?

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Day 2 with the black ops and still love it! The wife thinks its a little much but I love it! For sure keeper for me!

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
So what's everybody doing about back plates? I'm kinda bored with my ebony wood back and would like something else. But it would have to be a shade of black or grey or white or something along those lines. And I don't want just a skin, I like to have the back be a bit thicker so that the edges of the sector 5 don't scratch when I put the phone down, but instead the back of the phone touches.

I'm kinda disappointed that Element hasn't started selling any parts for the cases yet. They said the Sector 5 would be modular and allow us to change out parts and stuff for other colors and accessories. Seems like we're not going to see that for awhile.

Luxeplates.com
IMG_20121215_054633.jpg

custom plate made (I'm a huge Iron Man fan) 1 week turnaround time, these guys are really cool.

IMG_20121215_055447.jpg

think I'll find someone local that can match the finish of the sector 5 to the backplate and spigen metal button......

no wifi issues whatsoever with the backplate on, everything works perfectly.

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Nice looking back

BTW .... Where you buy this glowing wraps and what color is this ? can you give a link

Last edited:

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
Luxeplates.com
custom plate made (I'm a huge Iron Man fan) 1 week turnaround time, these guys are really cool.

think I'll find someone local that can match the finish of the sector 5 to the backplate and spigen metal button......

Awsome! That brings a couple of ideas.......

v3rn

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2010
I'm liking that stainless back. Not too expensive for a custom one either. Now to find a cool design to use.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
Nice looking back

BTW .... Where you buy this glowing wraps and what color is this ? can you give a link

thanks, I'm going to let them do another one; here's the thing with designing your own, the larger the image you send the better the end result: i emailed them a jpeg that was 3000 by 2000 and I got what I wanted

the glow wrap is from Jared at CarboniPhones.com
http://www.carboniphones.com/collections/iphone-5-side-wraps/products/glow-series-iphone-5-side-wrap-skins

use MacRumor12 to get a discount off of anything on the site

PastorJeff

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Can't put my phone down even after 1 week of owning my Sector5. It really gets more and more comfortable each day. I put my LifeProof on and it just didn't feel right.
Who here has had any drops while sporting the Sector5? Just curious how the phone and bumper held up.

Gray bishop

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2012
Can't put my phone down even after 1 week of owning my Sector5. It really gets more and more comfortable each day. I put my LifeProof on and it just didn't feel right.
Who here has had any drops while sporting the Sector5? Just curious how the phone and bumper held up.

dropped mine yesterday onto carpet, doesnt really count but both the case and the phone are holding up :D

Kenjichaz808

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012

dropped mine about 3 feet from my lap to the ground. (tile) I was pissed... had a scuff mark on the corner... BUT after rubbing with my finger it VANISHED! the anodizing is pretty top notch compared to apples lol.

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Luxeplates.com

that would look sick with the black ops logo to match the case. Cool piece man.

ndbarras

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2011
Did anyone who had a dec 13th ship date for the black ops get their shipment notification email yet?

nles

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2010
Luxeplates.com

that is silver enamel? can you show us your original photo? I wanna do one replicating this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.