Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Hi I ordered my 21.5" and it came, I've unpacked it, briefly setup ,but due to personal circumstances haven't had much time on it.

I've heard some reports of screen probes etc. I'm still within my 14days, can anyone tell me how I can "test" not only the screen but anything else I should before deciding to keep.

I don normally buy 1st edition stuff, as they have probs a lot, I have 3 year hardware warranty, and an Apple retail store close.

Anyone please, procedures, software, or whatever people do to test.

Cheers

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I wouldn't worry about it too much. But if you want to check the pixels and light bleed etc try looking at a solid colour over the complete screen. Try white for dead pixels or sub pixels.

aprofetto8

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
A bit ironic that in order to find out if something is "wrong" you have to perform tests which in themselves are something you'd never do otherwise.

Enjoy the machine my man. If you're looking for something to be wrong with it, you're going to find it if you look hard enough.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I honestly am not worrying (too much!) I just as I haven't spent any time, I want to check its ok, before my return runs out.

Normally I would have spent ages on it by now to see if anything there in day to day use, but as I've been away I haven't been able to check it normally.

I basically wan a quick fix/check/test to see to put my mind at rest, and because it must be one of the 1st run of iMacs. I understand manufacturing and know that 1st run have problems

Cheers

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
You will need one of these

Magnifying_glass_01.svg

Now you need to check each pixel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.