Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I'm looking forward to buy the full body ghost armor at their kiosk at the mall.

What case is good with the ghost armor and the case would not interfere with the screen protector.

Im looking to buy the OB commuter will it interfere the screen protector? (Full body= Sides,Back,Front etc)

----------

What's the difference between ghost armor matte and clear?

and does the ghost armor have camera cut outs?(and mic)

hi answer please!

Will ghost armor work with my iphone 5 otterbox commuter case

Last edited by a moderator:

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
If you are putting something as protective as an otterbox case on your phone, what is the purpose of having a skin? There really is no need.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
because i think the otterbox commuter will scratch my phone?(back and front and the sides) and maybe scuff?

will it do that? ^

and the screen protector sucks for otterbox because it has no camera cut outs the screen protector just covers the camera.

Does ghost armor have cut outs for the camera?

Last edited:

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
because i think the otterbox commuter will scratch my phone?(back and front and the sides) and maybe scuff?

will it do that? ^

and the screen protector sucks for otterbox because it has no camera cut outs the screen protector just covers the camera.

Does ghost armor have cut outs for the camera?

I hear where you're coming from. I have GA full body with Matte back and sides. When I waited for my bumpers to come in, I bought an otterbox commuter. No issues at all. The inside piece of the OB is rubbery, so there is no issues with scratching. Also it didn't affect my GA front skin at all in terms of lifting up corners and edges.

The GA does have a cut out for the camera, I took a pic so you could see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 374

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I hear where you're coming from. I have GA full body with Matte back and sides. When I waited for my bumpers to come in, I bought an otterbox commuter. No issues at all. The inside piece of the OB is rubbery, so there is no issues with scratching. Also it didn't affect my GA front skin at all in terms of lifting up corners and edges.

The GA does have a cut out for the camera, I took a pic so you could see.

What's the difference between matte and clear?
So basically you bought the FULL BODY MATTE?
So basically the sides and back are matte and the front is basically the clear screen protector right?

For the GA did you buy GA screen only case friendly?
or you just bought the Full Body Matte?

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
What's the difference between matte and clear?
So basically you bought the FULL BODY MATTE?
So basically the sides and back are matte and the front is basically the clear screen protector right?

For the GA did you buy GA screen only case friendly?
or you just bought the Full Body Matte?

So the difference between matte and clear is just that. The backing looks frosted in matte, and the backing looks transparent (like the front screen protector) in clear.

I bought the clear full screen and matte full body (matte sides and back).

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
So the difference between matte and clear is just that. The backing looks frosted in matte, and the backing looks transparent (like the front screen protector) in clear.

I bought the clear full screen and matte full body (matte sides and back).

what is frosted? what happens if i buy the FULL BODY MATTE? will they give me a matte screen protector for the front? or the matte is just for the back.

If i buy the full body GA and put my OB commuter case on will my case affect the GA?

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
what is frosted? what happens if i buy the FULL BODY MATTE? will they give me a matte screen protector for the front? or the matte is just for the back.

If i buy the full body GA and put my OB commuter case on will my case affect the GA?

Go to the kiosk to get a better idea of what the options are. They will explain in further details. I bought the screen protector 1st, then bought the matte backing and sides when I was satisfied with the product.

I explained about the OB case above. You should have no issues.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Go to the kiosk to get a better idea of what the options are. They will explain in further details. I bought the screen protector 1st, then bought the matte backing and sides when I was satisfied with the product.

I explained about the OB case above. You should have no issues.

Why didn't you just get matte full body?
When you bought the screen protector alone which one did you buy? Screen only or Screen only(case friendly)

If i wanted the feel and look of an naked iphone 5 should i go for matte or clear?

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Why didn't you just get matte full body?
When you bought the screen protector alone which one did you buy? Screen only or Screen only(case friendly)

If i wanted the feel and look of an naked iphone 5 should i go for matte or clear?

Dude, 100 questions! It's pretty easy. I wanted to test the product first, so I just got the full screen, NOT case friendly.

If you want to go naked, you could do either matte or clear. Clear attracts fingerprints, I would go with clear screen and matte sides and back.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Dude, 100 questions! It's pretty easy. I wanted to test the product first, so I just got the full screen, NOT case friendly.

If you want to go naked, you could do either matte or clear. Clear attracts fingerprints, I would go with clear screen and matte sides and back.

Can i just buy the Full Body Matte?
Will it give me all the parts, front,back and sides? and how much will they cost me to let them install it for me?

If i buy the full body matte i would be getting the exact same as urs right

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
Can i just buy the Full Body Matte?
Will it give me all the parts, front,back and sides? and how much will they cost me to let them install it for me?

If i buy the full body matte i would be getting the exact same as urs right
http://www.ghost-armor.com/Apple/861.html

Go to the kiosk. Ask for clear screen, matte back and sides, NOT case friendly. Labour is $5.

I dare you to ask another question, lol.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012

Go to the kiosk. Ask for clear screen, matte back and sides, NOT case friendly. Labour is $5.

wait cant i just ask for matte full body it says on that GA website that i can

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
my kiosk let me choose whatever i wanted.... I did crystal front for the screen and the back/sides are matte...It has all the necessary cutouts.

i dropped my phone on tile and it has a chip on the side so now I put it in a speck candyshell... :mad: all is fine with the skins

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
please answer that will be my last question up top ^^^^^^^ :D

Matte full body is considered the sides and the back. If you order from GA directly, they include a clear for the screen. That is listed on their website.

Every Full Body comes with one Clear Screen**

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Matte full body is considered the sides and the back. If you order from GA directly, they include a clear for the screen. That is listed on their website.

which one would it be clear screen or clear screen case friendly? included in the full body?

----------

If i order the Full body and they give me the screen protector for the front will it work with my OB commuter case? So i do not have to buy the case friendly version to make it work with the OB commuter ?

jammerz

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2012
If i order the Full body and they give me the screen protector for the front will it work with my OB commuter case? So i do not have to buy the case friendly version to make it work with the OB commuter ?
Ok, let me see if I can put this to bed. I am only speaking about the Ghost Armor case, not other skins.

Case Friendly VS Full:
The Case-friendly skins are cut to allow for a case to wrap around the edges of the iPhone, preventing lifting of your skin. Originally I bought the case-friendly version of the front screen protector. I returned it because it was cut too much, leaving space between my case and my screen protector, which can attract and leave dust there over time.
Full Screen skins are cut *almost* to the very edges of the phone. I chose this product because I wanted only to use a bumper that would cover the edges of the phone, to prevent damage from drops. Mind you if you get this version, you risk lifting the skin when you put on certain bumpers and most cases.

Full GA with Cases:
w/ OB Commuter: No issues. I bought this case from advice I found on this site because I could pick it up quickly and it could protect my phone from drops in the interim whilst finding the perfect bumper.
w/ Spigen Neo Hybrid EX: No issues with the front and sides, lifting of my Matte rear skin at the bottom and sides.
w/ Caze ThinEdge: No issues with full body, but the case is quite loose and has a unstable feeling in my hands due to this movement.

duhyes

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
Ok, let me see if I can put this to bed. I am only speaking about the Ghost Armor case, not other skins.

Case Friendly VS Full:
The Case-friendly skins are cut to allow for a case to wrap around the edges of the iPhone, preventing lifting of your skin. Originally I bought the case-friendly version of the front screen protector. I returned it because it was cut too much, leaving space between my case and my screen protector, which can attract and leave dust there over time.
Full Screen skins are cut *almost* to the very edges of the phone. I chose this product because I wanted only to use a bumper that would cover the edges of the phone, to prevent damage from drops. Mind you if you get this version, you risk lifting the skin when you put on certain bumpers and most cases.

Full GA with Cases:
w/ OB Commuter: No issues. I bought this case from advice I found on this site because I could pick it up quickly and it could protect my phone from drops in the interim whilst finding the perfect bumper.
w/ Spigen Neo Hybrid EX: No issues with the front and sides, lifting of my Matte rear skin at the bottom and sides.
w/ Caze ThinEdge: No issues with full body, but the case is quite loose and has a unstable feeling in my hands due to this movement.

the OB case covers the edge of the iphone 5, would'nt that effect the screen protector?(GHOST ARMOR)

Chuck-Norris

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense.

Gooter

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2008
Chicagoland
Full GA with Cases:

Jammerz,

Do you mean that the Full GA matte rear skin *is* lifting at the bottom and sides when useing the Neo Hybrid Ex case?

I want to get this case as well and use Full GA for back protection (will use a Spigen Ultra Clear for front). I know I could get the case friendly GA but I'm worried that it will trap dust/lint/etc between the lip on the case and the edge of the GA film.

Thanks

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Jammerz,

Do you mean that the Full GA matte rear skin *is* lifting at the bottom and sides when useing the Neo Hybrid Ex case?

I want to get this case as well and use Full GA for back protection (will use a Spigen Ultra Clear for front). I know I could get the case friendly GA but I'm worried that it will trap dust/lint/etc between the lip on the case and the edge of the GA film.

Thanks

Stop worrying. I have the GA case-friendly matte back using with Neo Hybrid Ex and you cannot even see any space between the protector and the lip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.