Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
MY precious has been sitting in Louieville since yesterday morning. I don't know why they could move it for a whole day. I also don't know why they couldn't send it thru Oakland from Anchorage instead of going so far east. But hey, I am not a UPS "genius", so what do I know? Nothing.

But at least I am not one of the first dayers still waiting for shipping to start. Poor guys! (I am in the first day, first 30 minutes club btw.)

Kronen

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Oxford, MS
Louisville Blues

I'm confident that UPS will deliver my iMac on Monday as promised, but for the last 38 agonizing hours I keep refreshing only to once again see "Arrival Scan."

For the sake of my sanity, UPS, change something! "Import Scan." "Welcome to Louisville." "Wish You Were Here."

Anything, I beg of you...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 9.44.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 9.44.06 PM.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 119

JSchwartz15

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2012
I'm confident that UPS will deliver my iMac on Monday as promised, but for the last 38 agonizing hours I keep refreshing only to once again see "Arrival Scan."

For the sake of my sanity, UPS, change something! "Import Scan." "Welcome to Louisville." "Wish You Were Here."

Mine shipped on Wednesday I believe and I have an expected delivery of Wednesday, but interestingly enough we were on the same plane to Louisville and neither of us has gone farther than that. Hmmm.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
Mine shipped on Wednesday I believe and I have an expected delivery of Wednesday, but interestingly enough we were on the same plane to Louisville and neither of us has gone farther than that. Hmmm.

Yes, I was on that plane too. Wish I could match the Monday delivery! But California is a little further down the road.:apple:

KojiH

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
So is everyone using/going to be using the Apple Migration Assistant with their new iMacs?

I was going to try this. i have far too many programs/passwords, many of which I've probably misplaced and or lost while moving.

My only question would be how to find and get rid of some of the unused things that I haven touched in years and/or orphaned files from programs I purged so that my new iMac doesn't get cluttered with the legacy junk.

bayleaves

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Silicon Valley
My only question would be how to find and get rid of some of the unused things that I haven touched in years and/or orphaned files from programs I purged so that my new iMac doesn't get cluttered with the legacy junk.

I am interested in this question as well. I don't want to do a fresh install of everything (ugh!), but I'd like to NOT migrate any crap over to my new machine, if it ever gets shipped.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
So is everyone using/going to be using the Apple Migration Assistant with their new iMacs?

I was going to try this. i have far too many programs/passwords, many of which I've probably misplaced and or lost while moving.

No i love doing a fresh install, especially on a new Mac. I keep all my passwords and serials organized so i have little trouble with fresh installs.

zemzabob

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
I'm week 50 build also and my imac according to my UPS tracking has been sitting in Shanghai since Dec 14 WTF?:mad: but it say it will arrive on Wednesday.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC

My iPad mini just sat in Louisville for 2 1/2 business days before moving again

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 11.36. 33PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-15 at 11.36. 33PM.png
    56 KB · Views: 69

Rockondevil

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2012
Mine has just started it's truck drive from Sydney to Brisbane :D
Should get it Monday hopefully, Tuesday morning at the latest (both earlier than Apple's estimated time, which is fine for me).

Slightly off topic - I assume you all know how when you purchase something online your money becomes unavailable in your account until it approves or in Apples case until they ship it.
Well anyway, mine did that as per usual and after it shipped my money became available again instead of leaving my account as would normally happen with any purchase (I purchase a lot online).
So long story short I wonder what happens next. Apple wouldn't be able to just retake the money as my bank would be unaware if the item was actually delivered so they will have to ask me to do it again. Either that or a free iMac in time for Xmas?

Strange indeed. At least for me as I've never ever had this happen.

bugbear99

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2009
FYI

ordered on 30/11
it took 2 days from preparing for shipment to shipped

Dec 15, 2012 18:47 Hkg - HKG Shipment delivered - Hkg - HKG
Dec 15, 2012 13:51 Hkg - HKG With delivery courier - Hkg - HKG
Dec 15, 2012 06:25 Hkg - HKG Arrived at delivery facility - Hkg - HKG
Dec 15, 2012 05:36 Hkg - HKG Clearance processing complete - Hkg - HKG
Dec 14, 2012 11:02 Pvg - PVG Clearance processing complete - Pvg - PVG
Dec 14, 2012 02:14 Pvg - PVG Clearance delay - Pvg - PVG
Dec 13, 2012 16:32 Sha - SHA Departed from facility - Sha - SHA
Dec 13, 2012 15:21 Sha - SHA Processed - Sha - SHA
Dec 13, 2012 14:42 Sha - SHA Shipment picked up - Sha -

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.