Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Mainly interested in U.S folks on INDIVIDUAL plans (not family plans) without grandfathered plans and without pre-paid plans but those on contract with the major carriers...

Please only post if you are on an individual plan. My only option is an individual plan and it seems like family plans are a lot more affordable in general... while those on individual plans end up paying more.

What do you pay for your Individual, non-grandfathered plan, what do you get and who is your carrier?

Last edited:

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Mainly interested in U.S folks without grandfathered plans and without pre-paid plans but those on contract with the major carriers...

What do you pay, what do you get and who is your carrier?

ATT
Unlimited talk, text, and 4gigs of data with mobile sharing
$150 for both lines.

Tempted to end att and hop on straight talk for $90 for both lines:eek:

CoMoMacUser

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2012
I have one of Sprint's SERO plans. I pay $50/month for 500 anytime minutes, and unlimited data, text and navigation, all including while roaming. The last time I checked, this plan was still available, albeit under a different name.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
I have one of Sprint's SERO plans. I pay $50/month for 500 anytime minutes, and unlimited data, text and navigation, all including while roaming. The last time I checked, this plan was still available, albeit under a different name.

Sprint is not finished LTE coverage in L.A yet where I live. They are still working on it and I don't want to be stuck with slow data in the meantime.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Grandfathered plans aren't that much cheaper. It's people who work or go to school that have company/school discounts that actually make the plans less expensive.

jstar002

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Grandfathered plans aren't that much cheaper. It's people who work or go to school that have company/school discounts that actually make the plans less expensive.

Also the family plans too; people get a lot of minutes and data but it works out cheaper per line.

With grandfathered comes unlimited data; I think that is worth it.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
Needed to use that subsidized discount price for the new phone and lost your unlimited data?

Yea haha. Not paying 600+ for a phone.

----------

I can't find any school discounts for Verizon.

Bob Coxner

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2011
I have one of Sprint's SERO plans. I pay $50/month for 500 anytime minutes, and unlimited data, text and navigation, all including while roaming. The last time I checked, this plan was still available, albeit under a different name.[/QUOTE

You're thinking of the Sprint Everything Plus plan. http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/epclanding.asp

For the employee email, put in russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com Last 3 digits = 383

Russ McGuire is a Sprint VP and has posted the info numerous times online, so there's nothing fishy involved.

The cost for 500 minutes and unlimited everything, plus navigation, is $59.99. Add $10 a month if you're using an iPhone.

Everything Plus™ Data - with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM

Introducing Any Mobile, Anytime, forget about restrictive calling circles. Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That’s access to over 250 million U.S. mobile phones nationwide.

This plan includes

Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
Unlimited data on our network: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Sprint TV and Radio, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
More about what’s included in this plan

Anytime Minutes Monthly Price Additional Anytime Minutes
500 $59.99 45¢/min
1000 $79.99 40¢/min

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.