Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
People who use the iPhone are hypnotized by apple because you don't like it? The iPhone works perfectly for most of us on this site since we are smart enough to know that a "smartPHONE" is for texting and making calls (with some browsing and app use when we are bored)
Smart enough to know that a smart phone is for texting and making calls (with some browsing and app use when bored)? A new low.

By that ridiculous definition this is a smart phone...

Attachments

• 220px-Smstextmessage_eng.gif
    220px-Smstextmessage_eng.gif
    41.4 KB · Views: 501

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Smart enough to know that a smart phone is for texting and making calls (with some browsing and app use when bored)? A new low.

Wow is that really your argument to justify that guy insulting iOS users?

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
And the note 2 doesn't blow anything out of the water, simply because it's comically huge. I'd feel like people are staring if I were to call with it in public.
Only if your head is comically small. :D

Michael

----------

Wow is that really your argument to justify that guy insulting iOS users?
I take back my "new low" comment.

Indeed this is a new low. My post was directed at you and not "that guy." Do keep up.

Michael

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Galaxy SIII size is the biggest I can go. 4.8" is just nice for me I guess, and since iOS is going downhill since the advent of iOS 6, I'm considering Android very soon.

Then again, any issue regarding screen sizes and "iOS vs Android" is all about individual's personal preference.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Only if your head is comically small. :D

Michael

----------

I take back my "new low" comment.

Indeed this is a new low. My post was directed at you and not "that guy." Do keep up.

Michael

Obviously your a child so I'm not going to waste my time answering you after this

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA

To be fair, it's not his fault. When you're limited to what you can do on an iPhone, users think this is all they're capable of while using it.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I think the better question is why do people think iOS will be better off in Jony's hands.

I'd like to think so, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Hardware design is not the same as user interface and user experience development.

I don't give a damn about replacing skeuomorphism. That does nothing to progress glance and go capabilities, or bolster interaction elements.

Agreed. People are looking to Ive for hope and expectations of iOS 7 that may not exist or be met.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
I have a note 2. Went back to my iPhone 4S.

The note 2 is a nice device, but too big as a phone, yet too small for it to be a tablet.

Now I want a 7.9" galaxy note.

----------

I'm waiting for the Galaxy Note 3 which should alsohave a 6+ inch screen. I have a Galaxy Note 2 right now but it is beginning to feel small with all the new flagships coming out.

I want a 7" to 7.9" galaxy note.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2010

The note 2 is a nice device, but too big as a phone, yet too small for it to be a tablet.

----------

Try sticking an iPad Mini in your pockets for a while. There is a guy in the iPad forums who is doing that and got rid of his iPhone. But that is just ridiculous.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011

----------

I dont get it, so you want a 7 inch tablet that can make phone calls? It would look so ridiculous imo.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Try sticking an iPad Mini in your pockets for a while. There is a guy in the iPad forums who is doing that and got rid of his iPhone. But that is just ridiculous.

Not much different from wanting a 6.3" Galaxy Note. Guess the guy is like you who don't use the phone much.

I would use a 6.3" Galaxy Note or 7.9" Galaxy Note, the same way I would use a 7.9" iPad Mini. I wouldn't carry any of those in my pants pocket.

I can't even sit down comfortably with a 5.5" galaxy note 2 in my pants pocket.

burgundyyears

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
When you think outside the box, innovate, and be creative, yes, a stylus.

Yeah, my Palm m125 had a stylus. It's not an innovative or creative feature. It's a timeworn feature with niche interest on modern touchscreens. Maybe for you it's a valuable feature, but it's not innovative. If Microsoft had had their way, we'd all still be poking at the tiny widgets on that ungodly Windows Mobile interface with them. All that's old is new again, I suppose.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
When you think outside the box, innovate, and be creative, yes, a stylus.

bg_container.jpg

----------

Its comments like this that give apple users a bad name.
How is a stylus innovative and creative? They've been around for years and years, both on mobiles and on other devices. Nintendo's still doing a line of incredibly popular handheld gaming consoles that use a stylus (the DS and 3DS), and have done so since 2004, styli have also been present on mobiles and tablets since at least Windows Mobile. There's really nothing innovative or creative in the use of the stylus itself, maybe certain aspects of how it's used on the Note could be considered innovative, such as hovering over the screen to play videos etc., but the stylus itself? It's been done many, many times over.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
God, Apple would appease so many people if they just offered a larger screen size. You don't even have to get rid of the 4".

Apple does it with literally every single other product line they have (except for maybe the Thunderbolt display). For the love of god, just let us have it.

What's the next natural screen size and resolution that Apple can have their apps scale up to?

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
What's the next natural screen size and resolution that Apple can have their apps scale up to?

That's an instant roadblock that comes to mind. Putting HD displays in a 4" device is pointless, yet sticking with iPhone 5S 1136x640 going into 2013, the era of handheld 1080p could be problematic, and Apple probably wont have a real iPhone 6 response till 4th QTR 2014.

Prior, Apple had the benefit of being small with the best looking display. That's no longer the case. The HTC One X is large with the best display in mobile that I've seen.

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
Samsung has done something that Apple is usually famous for by taking something that already exists but perhaps doesn't work very well, and completely re-imagine it (make it better).

That sums it up in a nutshell perfectly.

A stylus thats only function is to replace a finger tapping a screen is not innovation (IMHO). The Samsung stylus has many more functions than that and does a lot more than one's finger is capable of with regards to a touch sensitive screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.