Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rory Manton

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2005
Yeovil Somerset
I think you done it all wrong.

Traditionally you have to post a headind in full capitols "HELP, BEZEL SCRATCHED,PHONE BENT,GLASS SHATTERED AND PAINT FLAKING" and then go on to complaine about the poor quality controls in the Chinese slave labour camps used in production, AND THEN, say that your android phone would still be working.:D

Just for fun take it into the Apple Shop and ask about an exchange.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
It doesn't have to be registered to you, but it does have to be in a non devasted state :p this is beyond normal wear and tear or some cracks.
I once had an iPhone replaced which was in 3 or 4 pieces under this $200thing.

selling an iPhone for parts when it didn't belong to you and probably involved in some sort of some illegal case.

The OP found a phone that does not belong to him, kept it and is now selling it.

Thats wrong
I doubt it's possible to find the owner of this phone. It also wasn't "probably" involved in a criminal case. You've all been watching to many crime shows.

iPh0neTy

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2012
selling an iPhone for parts when it didn't belong to you and probably involved in some sort of some illegal case.

It's a horribly destroyed iPhone and he didn't steal it. I have no clue why everyone has their panties in a bunch like this guy is a crook. He could post an ad on Craigslist and say he found a destroyed phone but it would be hard for anyone to identify it in its condition. The police won't waist their resources tracking down the owner of a destroyed phone.

Its blatantly destroyed and honestly if someone stole it they wouldn't mess it up and thrown it somewhere, they would sell it for cash. It was probably already damaged beyond repair and the owner finished it off for fun.

Let the man make a couple bucks on his findings selling it to someone who thinks they can use some parts. It's vertically garbage anyway.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
It doesn't have to be registered to you, but it does have to be in a non devasted state :p this is beyond normal wear and tear or some cracks.

Condition doesn't really matter. I mean this is extreme, but if I dropped my phone out of a moving car, the damage would be pretty bad as well. What I don't think u can do is just bring any iPhone into apple and purchase a replacement. When I got my daughters replaced they asked for the phone #, and since it did "work" they checked the serial and imei. I don't think u can say here's a iPhone, I don't know who's it is, or any other info, but give me a replacement for $149. Or whatever an iPhone 4 OWR costs these days. But I'm not sure. Can someone clarify?

Shredder96

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2012
The OP found a phone that does not belong to him, kept it and is now selling it.

Thats wrong

A phone that is indeed smashed into 3 pieces, and almost bent in half. If you'd like you can buy it off me for $1,000 and report it to your neighborhood watch haha.

Again if I thought there was a reason that anyone would want this, an there was a way to return it, I would. But there isn't an there's not. So here we are.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I once found a thrashed iPhone similar to the OP on the street where I live. Turned out to be a knock off. Someone probably got pissed upon discovering it was not the real thing and thrashed it.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012

Thats wrong

He didn't steal it. He found it. It now does belong to him. He found it smashed in ski area. How do you propose to find the owner? Do you really think the owner went to the police and reported that they lost their phone on the side of a mountain? It probably got smashed by the owner and that person tossed it.

You find a 20 on the subway....you turn it into the police? Be realistic.

What in God's name would make you think that it was involved in some sort of illegal activity? I have lost a few phones. Doesn't mean I am a serial killer. Things do just get lost.

I take it back, I bet it was involved in an illegal activity. The capital crime of littering. Probably got broke and the owner smashed it a few more times and tossed it.

Aug 5, 2012
He didn't steal it. He found it. It now does belong to him. He found it smashed in ski area. How do you propose to find the owner? Do you really think the owner went to the police and reported that they lost their phone on the side of a mountain? It probably got smashed by the owner and that person tossed it.

Yes. I would hand it in

Finding something doesnt make it yours. You are making things up now.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon

What in God's name would make you think that it was involved in some sort of illegal activity? I have lost a few phones. Doesn't mean I am a serial killer. Things do just get lost.

I take it back, I bet it was involved in an illegal activity. The capital crime of littering. Probably got broke and the owner smashed it a few more times and tossed it.

Who the hell breaks a phone on purpose besides one of those useless youtube channels? Especially on a ski mountain? Owner probaby dropped it and somebody probably landed on it and it broke. It's still not his and is technically theft. We all now see how good your morals are.

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
Who the hell breaks a phone on purpose besides one of those useless youtube channels? Especially on a ski mountain? Owner probaby dropped it and somebody probably landed on it and it broke. It's still not his and is technically theft. We all now see how good your morals are.

I really don't understand people like this.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012

No one says they broke it on purpose. What the hell is wrong with you? It's a busted phone found in the woods, abandoned. It's not theft at all. Not even in the slightest.

We do clean ups in the woods on the trail system. We find washers, dryers, refrigerators, car rims, steel culverts......along with other trash discarded in the woods. We take all the steel back for scrap money to support the clubs involved.

Is that theft?

Wow, yer really out there.

And you can kiss my ass questioning my morality.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Theft!? WTH is wrong with you people?As far as we know, it's litter. Go look up the legal definition of theft before you come on here and look like an idiot. Just as stupid as calling someone racist because they throw a stereotype out there...:rolleyes:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I'll give you 300 for it

I'll offer 350.
350 pennies:D
12632379408uBg1f.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.