Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

petraidm

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I have seen a number of posts mentioning Crucial, Corsair and Kingston RAM upgrades but no mentions of OWC RAM being installed in their new 27" iMac.

Has anyone purchased and installed OWC 16 GB in addition to the base 8 GB or upgraded to the full 32 GB with OWC RAM? If so, any feedback?

petraidm

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Why would you buy OWC when Crucial much cheaper and works perfect?

No reason in particular. There's only about a $30 difference in delivered price and I have heard good things about OWC in the past.

memory-minus

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2012
No reason in particular. There's only about a $30 difference in delivered price and I have heard good things about OWC in the past.

I buy from OWC because I have an existing relationship with them (I buy SSDs and RAM for work) and my sales rep will give me our corporate discount for personal purchases.

Beyond that, their excellent US-based customer service is worth the price premium in most cases.

KaraH

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2012
DC
I will put 32 of OWC in it ... although first I actually need the iMac that will hold those chips.

vhp3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Yes, I just got my 27" yesterday. The first thing I did was to install my OWC 32GB. Everything is looking good.

Brian Wilson

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
OWC 32GB. Waiting for a home!! FYI,,,,,$195.00

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 122

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
OWC will give you a $20 rebate for your old 8gb of ram. Not much, but better than just throwing it in a drawer to rot.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
I have seen a number of posts mentioning Crucial, Corsair and Kingston RAM upgrades but no mentions of OWC RAM being installed in their new 27" iMac.

Has anyone purchased and installed OWC 16 GB in addition to the base 8 GB or upgraded to the full 32 GB with OWC RAM? If so, any feedback?

I installed 32gb from owc on friday and no issues .. booted right up .. running at 1600 .. no problems :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.