Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
I'm waiting for the GlassR from SGP but while I wait I use there crystal one. My reason is that my hands can get dirty during the day with grease and grit and while I wash them when I can sometimes I can only wipe them off. Don't want to scratch the screen. The screen seems as scratch resistant as the 3 but I still don't want to take the chance.

comper

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Michigan
I use a screen protector on all of my Apple devices to help keep all of the magic contained inside of them.

Seriously, though, I haven't used screen protectors on any of my touch devices from the LG Voyager to my iPad and S3 and I haven't had any issues. I also make sure to keep my phones in a pocket without anything in them (keys/change) and I have a folio case on my iPad. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that under my circumstances, I've deemed them unnecessary, but I can't tell you what will work best for you.

Another option is to just throw AppleCare+ on it for $100 and then you won't have to worry about scratches/drops/spills or anything like that.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I use a screen protector on all of my Apple devices to help keep all of the magic contained inside of them.

Seriously, though, I haven't used screen protectors on any of my touch devices from the LG Voyager to my iPad and S3 and I haven't had any issues. I also make sure to keep my phones in a pocket without anything in them (keys/change) and I have a folio case on my iPad. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that under my circumstances, I've deemed them unnecessary, but I can't tell you what will work best for you.

Another option is to just throw AppleCare+ on it for $100 and then you won't have to worry about scratches/drops/spills or anything like that.
Keys and coins cannot scratches you device: the glass of the screen is harder than metal.
But you can easily scratches aluminum , so I use smart case for my iPad but no screen protector. And this since iPad 1.

cmascatello

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2005
I always use a screen protector and usually also use clear or matte Ghost Armor on the body of the device. This helps preserve the resale value of my iDevices and makes it more palatable financially to upgrade every year when the new models come out.

The $50 or so I spend on screen and body coverage is worth more than $100 when it is time to resell to Amazon/Gazelle/etc..

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
I always use a screen protector and usually also use clear or matte Ghost Armor on the body of the device. This helps preserve the resale value of my iDevices and makes it more palatable financially to upgrade every year when the new models come out.

The $50 or so I spend on screen and body coverage is worth more than $100 when it is time to resell to Amazon/Gazelle/etc..

You get $100 more than an unprotected device? Right.:rolleyes:

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Always used screen protectors on my iPhones. All my iPads including the mini have had smart covers and some form of snap shell on the back. No screen protectors on the iPads.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
I have a smart cover for my mini to protect the screen when not in use, and a soft case to slide both into, but other than that, nothing, I like mine naked (mine is Black and Slate and has no scratches on it despite daily use).

I know these are expensive and dear devices, and I know their pristine (day 1) state can last longer with protection, but it just seems to me that taking reasonable care of the device is more enjoyable than overly worrying and wrapping it in countless layers to ward off any potential scratch or sign of normal wear and tear. That's just my philosophy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.