Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bat717

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
Devon, UK
Hi,

It is not my day today. Have to use my old MBP for a few weeks, as am away, so have been updating and sorting everything out, as it has not been used for a while. iTunes 11 is messing up, but I've posted in another thread for that.
Bookmarks have always synced perfectly between my iMac and my iDevices, but I just cannot get them to sync to the MBP. I've tried restarting, unchecking sync bookmarks, rechecking sync bookmarks, closing safari, opening safari, in various orders! Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going wrong? Also relevant, iCloud tabs weren't working either, until I opened Safari on my iPhone and navigated to a page. Then that page showed up in the tabs, but nothing from other devices, which I know also have tabs open. This is obviously easily remedied, but I thought it may be relevant to the bookmarks problem.

Thanks for your help!

Jaypi

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Los Angeles
I was having the same issue as well - iCloud Safari bookmarks were syncing on my iPhone and iPad but not on my Macbook Air or Macbook Pro. Here is what I did and it started working perfectly:

1. Turned off iCloud bookmark syncing on my Macbook Air
2. Quit Safari
3. Turned on iCould bookmark syncing back. It warned me that all my bookmarks will be 'merged' and I agreed since the two computers were almost identical anyway.
4. Opened Safari and all my bookmarks were synced! A few extra bookmarks on my iMac were added to Macbook Air and any new bookmarks I had added to Macbook Air showed up on my iMac.

Source: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3439855?start=0&tstart=0

DagazaGZ

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
Check to see if you logged in under the same account on all devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.