Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
NC
Want to get my wife the new iPad4 for xmas to replace her iPad2. Checked Amazon, Best Buy, Apple, etc.. and didn't even see these being advertised.

Confused why Amazon is MORE than retail?!?!?! Also...didn't see any retailer selling the iPad 4 for less than retail. Is nobody putting these on sale or offering any promotions on these for the holiday shopping season?

Thanks for any leads!

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
A curious question from someone who already owns an Apple product. You won't find any retailer discounting the iPad4. The best you might be able to do is get a gift card with a purchase at a place like BB.

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
Not too surprising Amazon is more since it's not really in their interest to be promoting the iPad. Nor would Apple cut it any wholesale deals.

Agree with kodeman....I've not seen any discounts on the iPad 4.

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
NC
A curious question from someone who already owns an Apple product.
Not sure I follow.

Not too surprising Amazon is more since it's not really in their interest to be promoting the iPad. Nor would Apple cut it any wholesale deals.

Agree with kodeman....I've not seen any discounts on the iPad 4.

That's what I figured as it seems there is so many options to choose from that if you discount one then you place it in line with a model below it. I'll probably pick it up next weekend so I'll keep looking for any deals or promotions.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012
Iphone 5 as well as ipad 4 are all available with discounts now
The i5 has been out for almost 3 months, hardly new.

If you know where iPad4s are available with a discount, why aren't you saying where to help the OP? Of all people, I'd think your post would be scrupulously relevant. :rolleyes:

spring

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2007
Bergen County, NJ
I bought mine a few days ago at Target. Another store was offering it for $460 so I price matched at Target and Target was also having a promotion of a free $50 target gift card for every iPad purchase. My total was $460 and a $50 target gift card.

Aug 5, 2012

If you know where iPad4s are available with a discount, why aren't you saying where to help the OP? Of all people, I'd think your post would be scrupulously relevant. :rolleyes:

The iphone 5 is apples newest phone product.

Hence by definition, new

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
NC
Simple, when's the last time you saw a new product from Apple being discounted?
Uh, thanksgiving. Which is why I asked. Decided today to get her one so I'm not sure why the cynical nature.

thank you

I bought mine a few days ago at Target. Another store was offering it for $460 so I price matched at Target and Target was also having a promotion of a free $50 target gift card for every iPad purchase. My total was $460 and a $50 target gift card.

that is exactly what I was looking for. thanks for the lead. I'll try target. Heck, a target gift card would be great as I have other gifts to buy.

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
NC
Interesting. Do the resellers actually sell any product when selling above retail?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.